♥05♥ No.5, Shooting Guard, Kaede Akina

Začít od začátku

Fuyu took the ball, she was about to throw it to Harumi but Kise was nearby. She instead threw it at Akina, whose back was facing the opponent's basket. 

The boys all wondered why wouldn't she throw it to Harumi, the pink haired girl was at a good position to shoot. 

"I'm bored..." Akina, back still facing Kaijou's basket, threw the ball backwards with one arm, just outside of the three-point line.

"Wha..." Kise and Kasamatsu couldn't believe it; the girl had her back to the basket! The shot still went through!

"Oh, I got it."

"Damn it... I thought Moriyama's shooting style was weird but this girl's shooting style is bizarre!" Kasamatsu wondered if Moriyama was okay; it's a lot of pressure for the Shooting Guard if the other team's shooter was far superior. "Moriyama-" 

"My darling~!" 

Moriyama hugged Akina from behind, patting her head like she has achieved something amazing. 

"That was amazing! I am falling in love with you more and more~!" 

"Yoshitaka, I can't breathe." Akina stated with a bored face, "Also, your Captain looks like he wants to kill you." 

"Moriyama, get your ass back over here!" Kasamatsu dragged Moriyama back by the ear, making the other yelp in pain.

Akina rolled her eyes and yawned, "Shiki, do I need to do that again?" 

"Just keep getting three-pointers." 

"Okay~." 

3-9...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When the 1st quarter was over, the boys were only barely able to keep up with Akina's unorthodox back shot. 

The score was now 11-21. 

'If Kise wasn't with us, it could have been a lot worse...' Kasamatsu thought to himself, getting a drink. 

"Senpai, we need to stop the Shooting Guard..." Kise said to Kasamatsu. 

"Ah." 'The problem is, if we focus too much on the Shooting Guard, the Point Guard will steal the ball from behind, she is like a 'thief'! Kobori and Hayakawa are keeping the the blonde girl and blue haired girl at bay so we have yet to find out what they are capable of...' 

"I am starting to see a pattern here." Kasamatsu said to the others, "Each time we think there is an open space to pass, it's a trick." 

"T(r)ick?" Hayakawa asked, "What t(r)ick?" 

"The trick is the opportunity to pass. When we see that, Hakanai will steal the ball from behind. She is very fast, possibly the fastest Point Guard I have met." 

"Kasamatsu-senpai, are you sure you're not slowing down?" 

"No... Her movement is unique. I am guessing Hakanai has been taught in martial arts, hence why her movement is quick." 

"So she is not teleporting..." Kobori let out a relieved sigh.

"She looks at her opponent's eyes and moves a step quicker the moment you blink." 

"Okay, we sealed the Point Guard... What about the Shooting Guard?" Kise asked Kasamatsu. 

"I got an idea too. Moriyama, follow my lead." 

"Eh?" 

Onto the girls, they were having a drink too. Fuyu and Natsuhi still look a little unsure if crushing the boys were the right thing to do. The more they pondered for the answer, the more they wondered if they were doing the right thing for Shiki...

"Are you two thinking about what is right and wrong?" Shiki asked them.

"Shiki, I promised you I will stick by you." Natsuhi replaced her worried look with a smile, "I will stay by your side."

"Me too! You helped me a lot... I want to help you too!" Fuyu shook her head, ridding the doubts, "We'll do whatever you want!" 

"I see..."

"Shiki-senpai, isn't it time for everyone to go for it?" Harumi was getting impatient because she really wants to show the others what skills she was capable of too. It's not fair you and Akina-senpai get to hog the limelight!" Harumi was pouting but Shiki ignored her rant. 

"Kise Ryouta is a copycat. I am limiting to what he can copy from us." 

"You mean you are sealing Kise's skill as we play?" 

"Yes. In the 1st quarter, we've let him see mine and Akina's skill... Akina, good job on the Backwards-shot." 

"Meh, no problem." Akina aloofly answered. 

"Akina-senpai, put some enthusiasm into it!" Harumi complained, "You're too aloof!"

"Meh." 

"The 2nd quarter is about to start. We are going to give Fuyu space. Fuyu, are you ready?" 

"Um, I-I guess?" Fuyu was a little nervous. She looked over at Hayakawa to see the boy was slapping his face and shouting about getting the rebounds and hope the girls will miss their shots. 

"Fuyu," Shiki called out to the blue haired beauty. 

"Y-yes?!" 

"Don't be shy. Go ahead and show them what you can really do." The poor girl just needed a little encouragement. 'Fuyu may look like she's shy in front of guys... But when it comes to basketball, she can be rather competitive...'