camilo - where it all started (part 2)

a/n: this is part two, and carries on straight after the event of part one. i quite like this one actually, and the ending's very cute. this is author no. 2, and i hope you enjoy !
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The reaction was immediate.

Félix, who had been drinking at the time, was so shocked he had spat his water all over Mariano, who was sat opposite him. He dropped his cutlery and stared down at his shirt, which was now soaked as Félix gave him an apologetic smile.

Mirabel just stared at you in shock, her jaw nearly touching the ground.

Pepa was an emotional wreck, a large rainbow materialised out of thin air, which then turned into a blinding sun.

Augustin gave you a little thumbs up and an encouraging smile, which you tried to return throughout the chaos.

"W-well that's wonderful!" Abuela was nearly crying with happiness, her whole body nearly lifting up into the air.

"I am SO glad that you've found yourself a girlfriend as lovely as Y/N, Camilo, and I wish you two the best." She hurriedly reached for her glass and held it high in the air. "A toast to the young happy couple, and may their happiness last forever!"

Everyone else lifted their glasses into the air. "To Camilo and Y/N!"

You forced a smile as you looked at everyone, your mind racing. You needed to talk to Camilo.

After the dinner, which consisted of many questions about your new 'relationship', how Camilo had asked, how you felt. You felt like you were being questioned in an interview.

As soon as everyone had left, you grabbed Camilo by the arm and dragged him upstairs. You rushed into his room, making sure to shut the door. Camilo had barely began to say something before you shoved him onto his bed, glaring down at him.

"What the hell was that?!" You asked angrily, trying to keep your voice down, which was impossible. You were so confused, and very overwhelmed.

He held his hands up in apology, looking up at you with pleading eyes. "Y/N, I am SO sorry, but you need to understand-."

"Understand? You practically just told your whole family that we were dating!" You interrupted. "Which, we are not." You added, pointing your finger at him.

Camilo nodded rapidly, reaching up to clasp your hands in his in hopes of calming you down.

You paused and took a deep breath. He looked up at you tentatively.

"Can I speak now?" He asked nervously.

You nodded, slowly coming down from your sudden outburst. He smiled and passed his bed, signalling for you to sit down beside him.

"Y/N, I'm so sorry, I know I should've asked you first, but it just suddenly popped in my head, and I thought it would be a good idea at the time." He sighed. "I completely understand if you think I'm crazy and want to back out, I'm sorry for not asking your permission."

You stayed silent, going over his words in your head. It suddenly occurred you that he needed this, to make him feel better.

"...it's okay, I'll tell Abuela we broke up or something-."

"Camilo." He stopped rambling, and turned to look at you.

You took a deep breath. "It's okay, I'll do it."

He stared at you like you had just sprouted an extra ear. "You will?" He repeated.

You nodded with a small smile. "I will."

He laughed and flung his arms around you, making you fall back onto his bed. "Thank you." He said, still squeezing you tightly.

You chuckled and rolled away from his tight embrace. "We have to set some ground rules though." You said.