bruno - midnight baking

this is a cute idea that i got at school, so, yeah 🤪 also this is author no. 2, i hope you enjoy :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Bruno?" You whispered, gently rolling over to face Bruno on the bed you shared. He groaned quietly, muttering something that sounded like "Wutisitmiamor".

You chuckled quietly, and he yawned, slowly opening his eyes, squinting as he looked at you. "What is it mi amor?" He whispered.

"I can't sleep." You whined, rolling onto your back, and Bruno snuggled towards you, resting his head against your shoulder. You smiled and leaned your head on top of his, feeling his soft hair against your cheek.

He slung his arm across your stomach, closing his eyes again. "Can you please try, Y/N?" He muttered quietly, his voice fading as he fell back asleep. You wanted to protest but you knew that it would be selfish of you to keep him awake, so you sighed and closed your eyes once more.

About 15 minutes later, you were still wide awake, and nothing you did helped. All of a sudden, you heard Bruno's muffled voice.

"Are you still awake?" He whispered.

"Yeah." You replied, staring up at the ceiling.

He said nothing for a good 10 seconds, then he suddenly rolled over and propped himself up onto his elbows, groaning loudly. You looked at him in confusion as he rubbed his eyes, and he blinked several times.

"Get up mi vida. We're gonna bake some cookies." He announced, and you just stared at him, your brain not yet comprehending what he meant. He looked at you and smiled lazily. "You coming or not?"

"Uhh- sure." You swung your legs over the side of the bed and stood up, nearly toppling over because your head suddenly got dizzy.

Bruno immediately caught your arm and steadied you. "Woah, steady there. Wouldn't want you to get a concussion."

You scrunched your nose. "I'm not that weak and fragile." He just laughed before standing up, and the two of you made your way downstairs to the kitchen.

Bruno turned on the light as you entered the small but cosy kitchen, and you shielded your eyes as the light was slightly blinding. When your eyes got used to the light, Bruno was already rushing around, taking various ingredients out of the cupboards.

"What suddenly brought on the sudden urge to bake cookies?" You mused as you joined him at the counter.

He smiled as he began laying out the ingredients. "One day it just struck me that we've never made cookies together. And I thought it'd be cute!" He grinned like an excited child.

You smiled at his goofiness, and went to get the utensils you would need. "I'd definitely rather be doing this than trying to sleep."

"Alright!" He clapped, and grabbed the nearest bag of flour. "Is this plain or self-raising? We need plain." He asked.

"That's self-raising." You chuckled, and gently took the bag from his hands. He watched you as you opened another cupboard to reach for a different box of flour. "THAT'S plain."

He smiled sheepishly. "Thank you hermosa."

The two of you began to measure all of the ingredients, and at one point, Bruno clapped his hands to get rid of the flour, which ended up all over your clothes.

He made a guilty face. "Sorry." He grinned, shrugging. "I didn't mean to do that."

"Oh really?" You raised your brow, grabbing a small amount of flour from the countertop, and gently threw it onto his shirt. He looked down at his shirt, then looked up with you in with a credulous look on his face. "Sorry." You shrugged, copying his actions. "Didn't mean to do that." You added with an innocent smile.