"Wouldn't be the first time." Cadence shot back, grasping the handle of the dagger that stuck to her side.

William's dark eyes squinted, similar to Accalia's without the warmth and took in Cadence's ragged appearance. "So tough, just like my sister. You know that got her killed, right?"

Cadence stepped forward, rage pulling her forward and taking the forefront of her mind. She's already threatened to hurt someone today.

"Don't talk about my mother, she died with honour, you'll die with regret and guilt, old man!"

Tristan came behind Cadence ushered her back, pulling her lanky form into his stocky side. "Take it easy, cousin. Let it go. I'm going to get some stuff, you message Erisa."

Cadence gave him a side-way glance, unimpressed by his motive that would lead to a blood bath. She didn't want anyone involved, she hardly wanted to seek out her cousin's help but she knew she wouldn't be able to go through it alone.

"And you," Tristan gestured to his father with a finger, "Sit down. You both better not be dead by the time I get back."

I definitely won't be, Cadence brooded and leant against the pastel yellow wall.

Tristan fled down the hall into his room and rummaging could be heard clattering down the echoey hall.

William took a seat and inhaled the cigarette, blowing out the smoke and drifting in Cadence's direction.

"How's my daughter?" William asked, taking another long drag.

Cadence's mouth fell open and raised her thin brows. "You have a daughter? I didn't know that."

William laughed humourlessly, leaning back in his chair and pursing his lips. "Where have you girls been these past few weeks? I haven't heard from any of the relatives or other hunters on your whereabouts."

Cadence held back a snicker, giddiness tickling at her stomach. "We've been with Lycus Fenris."

William stiffened in his seat but quickly relaxed, looking smug. "Surprised he hasn't killed you yet, big mouth."

Cadence clapped her hands together. "You'd be surprised Uncle, Lycus isn't all that bad. Should I tell you, he cares for Accalia or will that piss you off?"

William looked to the ground and something shifted in his features that mirrored Tristan but gave an essence of Accalia. "He'll kill her eventually, just wait and see."

Cadence clenched her jaw, not appreciating that one bit. She's seen it with her own eyes, the longing Lycus has for Accalia, the emotions he thought died and buried as his lycanthrope curse became stronger and lively.

Cadence didn't like Lycus, knew her head would be on a stick for her actions, but she wouldn't ignore the plain adoration he has for Accalia.

Cadence considered the case for her, if someone were to fall for her in such a way and how it would be her ruin. Their ruin.

"Lycus wouldn't harm Accalia like that, you don't know jackshit." Cadence exhaled, not trusting her voice that just came out with that. Damn him.

"I know lycans, girl, I know lycans can kill their mates and I know Lycus will do the same one day. She's a hunter, that will make him want to end her." William sneered, fitting his niece with a reclusive look.

"Whatever you say, you old bastard." Cadence remarked and William staggered to his feet, about to round the table.

Tristan resurfaced and drilled a piercing look into his father's head.