22- Impulse

-----

"So, how does it feel like to have a tail, Ren?"

"Hmm... I don't know, Aza. For one, it moves and wiggles on its own. It's pretty annoying, actually. Trust me, I've lost count on how much time this thing got my mom's vase broken."

"Hmm? So you don't like having it then?"

"Well... No. It's not that I don't like having a tail, but... It's just... Always acts up at the wrong place and time. Beside, Father said that a Kitsune's tails is their pride and joy, a symbol to their power and experience. And this year, guess what happened? Father got his seventh tail! No one in my clan has ever reached that number before... But just wait! I'll be the second to reach that number!"

"Huh... That's... Nice..."

"Hmm? Aza? What's wrong?"

"It's Nothing. Your dad just seems... Cool... Unlike mine... He's just... He's never home. Always out of town searching for ancient ruins and whatnot. Atleast, that's what he told me."

"You... You kidding!? That's way cooler! Is that why he always bring you gifts and stuff!?"

"Well, yeah... But, its not the same... I get that he has work to do, but... For this once, I just wish he could stay home for christmas."

"..."

"..."

"W-Well... Don't worry, Aza. I'm sure that he loves his daughter more than he loves his job. Even if that's not the case... Well, you still have me!"

"..."

"..."

"Heh..." She scoffs, "Thanks, Ren."

He smiles softly at her.

"..."

"..."

"Now, cuz of you, I really wish I had a tail."

"Huh? Why?"

"Hmm..."

"Hmm?"

"So that I could be as cute as you."

"..."

"W-Wha!? Aza!"

"Yes? What is it?"

"Don't tease me like that!"

"Ehehe..."

"..."

"..."

"So Ren..."

"Hmm?"

"Can I hug your tail?"

"..."

"..."

"..."

"Ren..?"

"..."

"..."

"..."

"..."

"..."

Daughter.

"..."

Come home.

To a sudden whisper of that man's voice, her purple eyes snap open. She wakes on a soft pillow cushionning the side of her head, her hands curled in front of her as she lies on her side. With her breath low and calm, her black hair irritates her skin as her blurry vision slowly comes to focus.