𝖕𝖔𝖘𝖙𝖑𝖚𝖉𝖊

𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐨, 𝐢𝐧 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐢𝐦, 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟
sxrendipitous, the half of me

𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐨, 𝐢𝐧 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐢𝐦, 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐟– sxrendipitous, the half of me

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

┏━°⌜ 赤い糸 ⌟°━┓

"WHY DO YOU QUESTION THE VALUE OF LIVING?"

She asks her companion with an air of mirth.

"AN OLD FRIEND OF MINE USED TO FREQUENTLY ASK THAT SAME QUESTION."

The man responded, sentimental smile pulling at the corners of his mouth.

The woman hung her head in bemusement. Such a question would call for worry—the connotations behind it making anyone ponder the individual's mental stability.

Yet, it could also be a philosophical question.

Truely; what is the value of living?

Sure, the woman had given a long list of reasons, and few she even considered to be her reason of continuing to live.

But, here's what she did know: no one can tell you the true value of living. That definition—the reasoning—is up to you to decide. What you make of your life, what you make of yourself, is entirely up to you to determine.

The world at points will work against you; causing suffering and hardships and trauma. Sometimes, it will feel like no one is on your side, leaving you defenceless against a society that seeks connection.

But you'll always have yourself.

Sometimes, even if it is yourself who you despise the most in this cruel reality, is the same person to be there the moment you take your first indrawn breath and the person who will be there when you take your last exhale.

The person to witness your highest achievements, and experience the lowest occurrences within your lifetime.

No one could ever love you more, or hate you more, than yourself. That thought itself, the woman considered, to be both comforting and terrifying.

"Perhaps—"

The woman spoke up again, pausing the man's own trail of thoughts.

"—someone once told me: vivamus moriendum est. Let us live, since we must die. People may question the value of living since, in the end, we will all die and be left to rot in the ground, and once time has run its course, will all too soon be forgotten. So, just maybe, finding value within yourself is enough of a reason to continue living."

The man, for the first time since sitting beside the woman, grinned without restraint.

She returned the man's expression in kind. Although it took meeting another, watching them unravel themselves and needing her to hold their shattered pieces whilst she was fighting to keep herself together, finally had her realising her true value of living.

And so, in finding him, she found herself.

┗━°⌜ 赤い糸 ⌟°━┛