𝘦𝘯𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘦𝘴

┏━°⌜ 赤い糸 ⌟°━┓

┏━°⌜ 赤い糸 ⌟°━┓

I have always shook with
fright before human beings.

Unable as I was to feel the
least particle of confidence
in my ability to speak and
act like a human being, I
kept my solitary agonies
locked in my breast.
I kept my melancholy and
my agitation hidden, careful
lest any trace should be left exposed.

I feigned an innocent
optimism; I gradually
perfected myself in the role
of the farcical eccentric.

Osamu Dazai, no longer human

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

[A/N]

thank you all for reading !

in the beginning, this book was supposed to be a sort of source of personal therapy. when i started watching bsd, i almost instantly clicked with dazai's character. all of the characters in the show have many layers; and i just found his character the most interesting to explore.

i can still remember vividly (and is also what inspired this book) when i was binging the show during covid as a source of escapism, when dazai was asked:

"tell me dazai—why is it you wish to die?"

and he responded with:

"let's turn that question around, is there really any value to this thing we call living?"

when dazai asked mori that, i too, also didn't have an answer. in fact, i had actually found myself agreeing with his statement.

as mentioned, writing has always been a personal source of therapy. writing and working through emotions allowed me to process and understand what i was feeling—and in particular with this book—come to terms with my chronic anxiety and depression.

for a long time i didn't know what my body was going through—many nights waking up with panic attacks not knowing that they were panic attacks. for a while, i hated how my brain was constructed, and then slowly i began to hate myself.

when i began seeking out help, and realising that i didn't really have any friends who could empathise with what i was going through, i came to truely realise that it was going to only be myself who will be able to help me get through life.

perhaps this book is a fancy and poetic way of preaching self love. it's a truely difficult path to take, as well as stay on.

but you are forever yours, before anyone else's.

┗━°⌜ 赤い糸 ⌟°━┛

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐟 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐞 ₓ˚. ୭ ᵒˢᵃᵐᵘ ᵈᵃᶻᵃⁱ 🎉