𝔬𝔫𝔢

𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐦𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬. 𝐢𝐭 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐛𝐞𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐬 𝐮𝐩 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐮𝐬.
Sven Lindqvist, saharan journey

– Sven Lindqvist, saharan journey

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

┏━°⌜ 赤い糸 ⌟°━┓

CHAPTER ONE
MEETING YOU

I SAT ON A BARSTOOL in a nice date dress nursing a glass of whiskey, mascara stains long dried out.

I'm not the one to usually drink my emotions away, being more mature than that, but tonight I let myself off the hook.

Most of the establishment's patrons had filed out a long while ago, the regulars situated throughout the room, loud thoughts kept to themselves. The bartender working behind his station cleaning glasses stayed to himself as well, refilling drinks at any customer's demand.

I knew it was late into the night from the frequent unread messages and unanswered phone calls lighting up my phone screen.

As my phone began to buzz for the umpteenth time, waiting for a moment for it to go to voicemail, I sigh heavily.

My hand grips the chilled glass and I finish off the bitter liquid in one mouth full.

"You're not going to answer that?" A male voice spoke beside me.

I gaze lazily to my right, acknowledging the man who was sitting two seats away from me. He had been sitting there since I arrived in complete silence. Listening to me sob, to quietly mutter to myself, too drinking myself into a hole. Not saying a word until now.

In my emotional state at the moment, I didn't put much thought into caring. But I know later this may well be an embarrassing moment keeping me up at night.

"No."

It almost surprised me that my voice held steady at my simple reply, let alone answering the stranger at all.

The man sitting a ways away seemed uninterested, fingers playing with the condensation that dripped onto the black oak of the bar counter, watching the large ice cube in his drink languidly float and bob at any movement.

The orange hue of the bar lights casted a shadow over his dark features; giving a mysterious and curious aura about him.

His head lifted, noticing my side glance. We stared at each other for a few moments before he slid his body across a stool, moving to rest his elbow on the counter and head in his palm. An alluring smile grew onto his lips.

"You're stunning... even with makeup running down your delicate cheeks."

The complements that flew effortlessly through his mouth caught me off guard, blinking once in response.

𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐟 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐞 ₓ˚. ୭ ᵒˢᵃᵐᵘ ᵈᵃᶻᵃⁱजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें