Thor, Bruce And Pizza

Bruce and Thor have a cozy night in and discuss their relationship

Thor still wasn't used to having someone wrap their arms all the way around him.

It had been difficult when he'd been built like a god but when he'd put on some extra pounds like a human the possibility of anyone holding him tenderly seemed to go out the window.

Which was not to say that he didn't love his body and hadn't become known as the best hugger in the avengers, he just really wanted to be held now and then.

So it never ceased to surprise him when Bruce snuck up from behind and wrapped his arms around Thor, holding his thunder god impossibly close.

It had changed a little when Bruce had gotten hurt, but one strong arm could still hold him more securely than any of the many who had come before.

"Good morning, handsome," Bruce said, kissing Thor on the cheek before he pulled away.

"It's evening, darling."

"It's what, now?"

"It's evening, it's 5 PM."

"I thought it was 5 AM."

"Love, neither of us ever get up at 5 AM. You did that thing again where you stay up really late chasing a breakthrough and then you crash and I have to drag you to bed."

"Romantic," Bruce laughed.

"Anything for my King." Thor stood and pressed his forehead against Bruce's, his heart so full and content.

"I love you," Thor mumbled.

"I love you too. 5 PM, really?"

"Really, really."

"I guess we need to make dinner, then."

"There are leftovers in the fridge, I think. I don't want to cook and we've ordered takeout so much lately."

Bruce nodded and began to peruse the fridge, "We have pizza and we have tacos, what do you want, babe?"

"Pizza."

"Then I'll have the tacos. Excellent. Look at us," Bruce started the pizza spinning in the microwave, "we're adulting."

"We're probably the best human adults ever," Thor joked, lightning crackling as he stretched and began to set their cozy kitchen table.

"Mm, yeah, totally." Bruce leaned over to steal a kiss and then plated his tacos.

"Thor, can I say something crazy?"

"Of course. I love crazy."

Bruce laughed a little at that, "I am happier, here with you, than I ever thought I could be. I spent years of my life thinking I was a monster, not knowing what I was destined for. Now I know. I was destined for this."

Bruce had saved the universe, and now he got to rest. Got to be happy, got to eat leftovers with his godly boyfriend. And he really, really was happy.

"I agree. I have felt unfathomable comfort and happiness since we started dating. I never had something this good before you. I am wildly in love with you and I'm glad we got the chance to live that out. To live a normal life together."

"A god and a radioactive freak... What a normal couple we are."

"Hey, don't call yourself a freak. You're a marvel. You're amazing. To me, you are perfect. I love both your halves and your whole. I couldn't ask for a better life partner." Bruce blushed.

The microwave beeped.

"I hope this is our forever," Bruce whispered. Sometimes the world needed them. Sometimes he got a call and he was needed as Bruce the scientist or Bruce the hero. So sometimes they had to be heroes. But he was so much happier being "normal." He slid his tacos into the microwave and watched them spin until Thor's face was reflected in the door.

"It will be. I promise. We deserve this. We deserve a soft ending."

Bruce turned around to secure another kiss, in full agreement.

___________________________________