Chapter 42

It's been a few days since Malaysia was shot.

"We're going to go ahead and take her off of versed so she can start waiting up. Hopefully she doesn't try to do anything that will harm herself or pull out any of her IVs or anything. If she does, unfortunately she will need to go back on", said the nurse.

"Okay", said Steven.

"So it may take her a few hours. It just depends on when the medication wears off", said the nurse.

"Alright", said Steven before sitting down. "Do what you have to do, I'm just ready to talk to her."

The nurse stopped the medication and did some other little things as Steven got a call from Kelz.

"Hello", said Steven.

"Hey, you coming to get little dude or am I bring him to you?", asked Kelz.

"Bring him to me.", said Steven.

"Malaysia still sleep?", asked Kelz.

"Yea", said Steven.

"Oh damn...well I'll be there in about an hour", said Kelz.

"Alright. See you in a few", said Steven.

"Alright", said Kelz.

Steven hangs the phone up.

He didn't know if something was out to get him and his family. So Kelz has been looking after king while Steven goes to see Malaysia. Kelz has something to do so he couldn't watch King at the moment.

After about 45 minutes, Kelz finally got there with King.

"Hey", said Steven to King as he stood up. "I ain't really want you to see mommy like this but she should be up at any minute."

Kelz made a face before he looked at Malaysia.

Her eyes were opening and she began to look at Kelz.

"I'll see you later bruh", said Kelz. "Here go King."

Malaysia's monitor started beeping. Her heart rate and blood pressure began rising.

"You okay?", asked Steven.

She continued to look at Kelz as she began to breathe heavily.

Steven looked at Kelz.

"What's wrong with her", asked Kelz as the nurse began coming in.

"What's wrong with her?", asked Steven.

"Her heart rate and blood pressure is high", said the nurse. "Mostly her heart rate"

"Why?", asked Steven.

"It can mean anything. 9 times out of 10 she's just getting some anxiety due to waking up here", said the nurse. "We'll continue to assess her and see what the problem is"

The nurse touched Malaysia. "Sweetie take deep and slow breaths. Come on do it with me. Deep breath in, deep breath out"

Malaysia and nurse started breathing calmly.

Malaysia's heart rate and blood pressure began to drop.

Kelz walked to Steven and hands him King. "See you later. I gotta go", said Kelz.

"Yea...yea okay", said Steven. He was too busy thinking about something.

"You alright?", asked Kelz.

Steven nods. "Yea. Bye", he said.

"Bye bruh", said Kelz before he left.

Steven began to have a mean mug before looking at Malaysia.

Malaysia was looking at him. She looked scared or sad.

"She was just having some anxiety", said the nurse. "Her vitals are going back down. I'm going to do a quick assessment on her."

"Alright.", said Steven.

The nurse looked at King. "He's such a cute baby", said the nurse.

"Thank you", said Steven.

Steven sat down and watched the nurse do everything she had to do. Once the nurse was done, she walked out.

The room was silent for about 30 minutes. The only noise was from the outside and from King making noises. Steven finally spoke.

"Who did this to you?", asked Steven.

"...my memory is foggy", she replied.

"Who did this to you", he repeated.

Malaysia didn't say anything.

"What the fuck bruh", he said under his breath. He felt like he knew but he didn't want it to be true.

"I don't know for sure alright. I- I couldn't see his face", said Malaysia.

"Well who do you think it was?", asked Steven.

Malaysia started tearing up. She felt bad.

"...Kelz", she said.

Steven let out a deep breath. He couldn't believe that Kelz would do something like that to him and he didn't understand why.

"I know you don't believe me but I think it was him. I don't know. I could be wrong", said Malaysia.

Steven's leg started jumping.

King was sitting on the leg that was still. He looked up at Steven.

"Stay calm okay? I don't want King to be scared", said Malaysia.

Steven looks at King then at Malaysia.

"Just...stop talking to Kelz. You don't have to kill him, I know how much he means to you.", said Malaysia.

"Why he do it though?", asked Steven. "The nigga a snake now?"

Malaysia didn't say anything.

"I'm going to make his ass suffer", said Steven. "Fuck that friend shit. He fucked up when he tried to kill you and then had the nerve to agree to watch my son and act like he was trying to help me find out who tried killed you and in actuality he was just trying to cover up his tracks?"

Malaysia looked down.

"My family, you and King comes first. I told him you were pregnant...he knew that you were pregnant", said Steven.

Malaysia started crying because she realized that she lost the baby. She had forgotten that she was even pregnant.

"I know you don't want any blood on your hands but the shit he did is personal", said Steven.

"...do it", she said. "I want you to. He's a bitch."

Steven looked at Malaysia. He didn't expect her to say that. That's how he knew she's was pissed.

"Don't worry, I will", said Steven.