But the fact that he still hadn't looked at Zayn told Zayn just how genuine that was. Or wasn't.

"I know you didn't mean that at all."

"Do you?"

"Yes. I can tell you're only saying what you think I want to hear so that I just go away. But I do feel like we should talk about this because if we're going to continue to work together, we have to put aside our differences and our feelings."

Louis shook his head.

"We put aside our differences when I got out of your car and left you there without a kiss. So like I said. Go be happy with your baby daddy. I'll be alright. I do have a key. I can lock the building up tonight. I don't need you."

"Louis-"

Louis scoffed but finally looked at him. "Ugh, what do want me to say, Zayn? What do you want me to do? Do you want me to jump up and cheer and congratulate you? You lied to me. You lied to me about dating, about having sex, about everything. You basically used me. And I just can't cheer you on in some other relationship when I feel used. So you just go do what you do and I will do what I do and we'll do our best to keep things professional. Okay?"

Zayn swallowed and then sighed.

"Okay, Louis."

"Goodnight then."

"Goodnight."

And not wanting to push it any further, he opened the door and stepped out into the cold air.

He could only think of one other time where he regretted using someone in a relationship. But damn. Why didn't he ever learn?

➡️ ➡️ ➡️

Harry typed the last word and sat his phone down on the nightstand next to the bed.

"Benny!"

"Huh?!"

"Will you come here for a second?!"

"I'm coming!"

A few seconds later, Benjamin appeared in Harry's bedroom doorway with one of his toy cars in his hand.

"Come here and sit in bed with me. I want to talk to you about something very important."

With Harry's help, Benjamin was able to climb into bed with his house shoes still on and sit next to his father.

"I'm in trouble?"

"No. You're not in trouble. But what I want to talk to you about is serious. You know I love you a lot, don't you?"

Benjamin nodded.

"So you know that whenever I make big decisions I make them with you and your wellbeing in mind. That means that you can make the final decision on this."

"For what?"

"Well as you know, your Papa has been coming around a lot more lately."

"Yeah." He said. "Because... he didn't come at all and then he was coming all the time."

"That's right."

"Is Papa in trouble?"

"No, no one is in trouble. But this is about your Papa. I went to see him last weekend when you went with Niall to planet Burger."

"You did?"

"Yes. We talked about a lot of things. But mainly we discussed you and what having you in our life really means for us as a family. We are both so happy you were born. You light up our lives. You know that?"