Chapter 3

"You've got to be kidding me!" I say laughing. I watch as Tony shakes his head quickly.

"No Clint honestly thought it would be a good idea to scare Natasha. He went into hiding for 3 days hoping that she would calm down." I raised my eyebrows. That didn't seem like the end of the story.

"Did she?"

"A bit, but she still got her revenge." My eyes widen. I could only imagine what she could do. I mean with her training and background the options were endless and each one I could imagine was worse than the other. Then again none of them resulted in death since Clint was at my graduation today.

"Clint's an idiot." I mutter shaking my head with a laugh.

"Yeah, the rest of the team learned from his mistake and have never planned on scaring her or pranking her. I mean I talk crap every once and a while but its more of a fun banter." He tells me honestly.

"So, how's your new suit coming along? Figure out the nano tech yet?" I ask changing the topic to something I knew he normally enjoyed discussing. The excited features I waited for as he would explain his current ideas never came. Instead Tony let out a long sigh and ran his free hand through his hair.

"It's not working. I've tried everything I can think of and even FRIDAY can't seem to figure out where the snag is. If I figure this out it becomes a real game changer for the team but currently it's becoming more of a problem than a solution."

"Is there an error in the formula or something?" I ask trying to think of the possibilities that could be causing him this much worry and stress.

"It's possible but I honestly don't know."

"Would you mind if I took a look at it? Maybe an extra set of eyes can help figure it out." His eyes widen at the offer.

"You want to help? I mean it's not normally your area of expertise." I nodded my head in agreement. It wasn't something I spent a lot of time on which means that my knowledge was a bit more limited, but I wanted to offer.

"I know that, but if it's causing that much of a problem for you I wouldn't mind taking a look. I mean it's the least I could do, right?" He gave me a playful glare.

That had been a topic we had discussed many times over the last few years. I always felt like I owed Tony for him saving my ass. Regardless of how I felt Tony was a stubborn man who didn't like the idea that I felt like I owed him something. Tony has told me time and time again that I had nothing to worry about but just accepting things without anything in return wasn't how I was.

"Have you thought anymore about my offer?" Tony prompts me making me think even more about me owing him.

"I have and you know how I feel. I don't like hand outs Tony. I don't like feeling like I'm using you for your money."

"Sweetie, me offering you a job as my assistant is far from a hand out. You would get access to the best labs in all of the East Coast, you would have the ability to work along side DR. Banner and! The best part is you get to see my face mostly every day." I rolled my eyes at the final comment.

"Right, because seeing your face is what was going to seal the deal." I reply with a smirk.

I couldn't deny that the offer was amazing and the pay was great. Tony had even explained that he would have offered the job to me if he had known me or not.

It wasn't often that he could find someone with the expertise in the multiple fields that I had. I had things that both Tony and the Avengers would find desirable for a new employee.

"Fine, I'll accept as long as you lower the pay." The look of disgust I received made me continue. "I'm serious Tony! No one else you would hire would be paid that much." He scoffed.

"I don't care about others I want to make sure that you have enough to live happily."

"Tones, I could live the perfect life for half of that."

"Don't Tones me, you know I'll do almost anything when you call me Tones." Hmm, I'm sure you would... No stop! Bad YN! I look down at the ice cream in hand. Don't get flustered in front of Tony he will tease you endless about it!

"I'm just saying that I can have a great place in downtown a half an hour away from the compound for half of what you're offering."

Tony sat silently lost in thought. I wondered if I had something that upset him. Was it the fact that I didn't want to accept the pay. He wanted to offer my 100,000 a month. I expected to make about 150k a year. So accepting 50,000 a month was more than enough for me. There were plenty of places I could live for that pay. I wasn't worried about having a hard time finding a place.

The look that he gave me right now was enough for me to know that I needed to remain silent on the topic. Obviously it mattered to him for some reason and the more I argued the more I pained him somehow.

So instead of continuing on I finished my ice cream so we could head to the compound. Maybe if I can help him figure out the tech he will be in a better mood.