4.

Just when I'm almost at the women restrooms I feel someone grap my wrist. I stop.

"Jen..."

"What do you want Jake? Where's Rebecca?" I ask without turning around.

"Jen, can you turn around?"

Reluctantly I turn around and wince slightly when I notice the tears in Jake's eyes.

"Jake..." I ask very puzzled, but carefully to not fuck anything up.

"Can we talk?" Jake asks calmly.

"What's wrong with you? We have nothing to talk about! We have nothing to do with each other!" I notice I almost shouted the last sentence so I force myself to calm down.

As I wait for Jake to say something I gently remove his hand from mine.

Jake takes a deep breath.
"Jen, I seriously have something to talk to you about. I wanna clear things up."

He doesn't look like he's playing anymore.
"Fine", I give in, sighing.

I have no idea what he wants to talk about.

Jake nods. "Let's meet up after your last class ends", he says and leaves me standing a little confused of what I just agreed on.

And then I hear the bell ring, class started!

Just as I turn around the corner I see the door of the classroom closing.

Thanks Jake.

I knock on the door trying to calm my breath. The door opens and suddenly I can't breath at all.

Ethan looks at me straight in the eye.
Is he here as a... teacher?

"Ethan-"

"Sit down on your seat for now", Ethan whispers quickly and returns to the front of the room.

Quickly I stumble my way next to Vivie.

"Why were you late? What happened with Ethan?" Vivie whispers as soon as I sit down.

"I'll explain later."

Just then I hear Ethan starting to talk.
"As I was saying. No, I'm not your new teacher. I'm gonna be here for a while since your current teacher has fallen ill. I may also look a bit familiar since I was studying here just last year..."

I roll my eyes as I hear the disgusting giggles of the girls at the front seats.

...

The class ends and I tell Vivie not to wait for me.

I wait for everyone to leave before I slowly approach the teacher's desk.

"Ethan."

He looks up with no expression.

"As a teacher I am Mr. Evans, thank you."

"Well, I'm not talking to you as a teacher right now", I pause for a second", "I just wanted to say sorry about the thing that happened with Jake earlier."

Ethan's expression softens.
"No need, I should be the one
apologizing. Of course your boyfriend-"

"Jake is not my boyfriend", I correct him immediately.

Ethan looks at me, his expression looking very questioning.

"You see, Jake is my ex... I don't really know what's wrong with him, but I can promise he will not bother you anymore."

I peek up to see Ethan's face and he seems much more relaxed now, which I'm happy about.

"Good thing, well, did you have anything else? I'm kind of busy right now."

Should I ask him out? But I just met him again after a year! What if I ask him out as a friend? To a park or a cafe?

"Ah... um... do you have time- some day? We could you know... get to know each other?" I stammer out, internally slapping myself in the face. Where did your tongue go Miss Jen?

Ethan grins at my embrassement.

"Are you asking me out?" he smirks. Goddamit that smirk!

I feel the redness on my face. Do I usually blush this easily or is it just him?

Ethan bursts into laughter
"Tomorrow? I'll wait for you here at three."

"Works for me!" I nod smiling widely.

As soon as I get out of the class Vivie and Celia are there to squeeze an explanation out of me.

...

"What the hell is wrong with that boy? Can't he just leave you alone?", Vivie huffs and Celia shakes her head.

"Well, what did you answer?"

"I-I agreed to... meet up..."

"You did what?!" Celia screams.

"You're not going. Hell no", Vivie says strictly.

"But-"

"Jen, he's defenitely up to no good. It's better just to not meet up", Celia looks at me sounding like a mom.

I manage to only sigh. I know I'm stupid.