♥04♥ No. 4, Captain and Point Guard, Hakanai Shiki

Start from the beginning

"'Why'? Um..." Why did he jump in? He doesn't know that either. He knew it was Shiki, he knew for sure she could have dealt with the idiot on the floor. Yet, he jumped in regardless the possibilities of her beating Sano up...

"Surely you remember how I thrashed the team on that night..." 

How can Kasamatsu forget? This girl also beaten him on a one on one, something a girl has never done to him...

"Are you still playing basketball?" Kasamatsu looked at her when she asked him that. He wondered why she asked him this question; was she hoping for something? 

"I am." 

"Huh, I guess some people's wills are hard to break..." 

"You..." 

"Anyway, I'm going." 

"Hakanai, are you still playing basketball?" 

"I am. Just not like you..." 

What did she mean by that? Kasamatsu can hear the anger in her voice and also something else...

Why can I feel your anguish?

Shiki looked over her shoulder to see a sad look in Kasamatsu's eyes. She wondered why he looked at her like that...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Help! Somebody!" Shiki had no escape route whatsoever. She can't get out of the equipment shed no matter how many times she tried to open the door.

The light died out a long time ago and her shouts reached no one...

"Help me..." Shiki cried herself to sleep, cold and alone... "How can you do this to me...?" She trusted him. She trusted him and this was his way to pay her back...

By the time Shiki was freed by the caretaker, she had cried enough. The caretaker helped call her Dad for ehr and even gave her a nice cup of coffee. The caretaker gave her back her cell phone and told her that he had found it outside of the shed's door so he realized someone must be there. 

Shiki looked at her phone to see her friends' messages. They ranged from asking her whereabouts, why she's not answering their messages, and how they lost at the preliminaries...

"No..." Shiki cried even more; she wanted to win and reach Winter Cup's victory with her friends. She wanted to win the Winter Cup just like how they won the Interhigh... 

Shiki cried out in frustrations; the team has got taken down all because of a cheap and unfair trick...

Hakanai Shiki will never ever forget about what happened last year. She did some reflecting during her suspension and she concluded that she was too kind. If she hasn't been so trusting of others, the incident could have been prevented. She decided she will be cruel and take down those who wronged her in the slowest and most humiliating way as possible. 

"Hakanai!" 

Shiki was confronted by Sano's little twin sister, Kanon. Kanon was angry at Shiki and she had tears trailing dow her cheeks. She also has a hot-headed female friend with her.

"What?" Shiki rudely asked. 

"Hakanai, how can you do such a thing to Kanon-chan? Apologize!"

"I refuse." Shiki was quick to claim it wasn't her fault at all.