It was 3:30 am and Kiara and I were waiting in the conference room for an update from Blaze.

"Neo! What's wrong?" Kiara rushes to my side as I fall to my knees, grabbing my face. Suddenly a sharp stabbing pain pierces my left chest and I grab my breast. The pain is intense but it's not me, I can feel through the bond something is wrong with Sebastian.

"Kiara, it's not me, it's Sebastian - something has happened to him! I can't get through to him on the link. Call Donovan!"

I watch in trepidation, breathing through the pain as Kiara makes call after call until she gets through.

"Donovan! Finally. Where's Alpha Sebastian? What the hell! She is going to be pissed - here you better tell her yourself, I'm putting you on speaker."

"Donovan, It's Neo, what the fuck is wrong with Sebastian, I can feel he's hurt and he's not responding to the link."

"Luna, I'm sorry, he ordered me not to tell you, but I can't get through to him as well, he went to bring in Alpha Hans. He and Alpha Blaze decided in case word got to Hans about the strike against the Minor 8 Alphas, Hans should be brought in too. You were busy with Crystal Moon and Blaze is on mission so Sebastian went - he didn't want to tell you because he knew you would want to go with him."

"Damn him! How could he do this? Donovan, he's hurt, bad, we need to find him right now!"

"Luna, wait - Gamma Torro is linking me now stand by."

The line remains open and I rock on the floor clutching my chest, fear and pain enveloping me as the silence on the line threatens to deafen me as well.

"Kiara, I swear if that man is not dead I'm going to kill him myself when I see him." I snap, holding back the fear and tears that threaten to overwhelm me. I can't do this - I can't lose Sebastian.

Finally, Donovan gets back on the line.

"Luna, Alpha Sebastian was wounded in a fight with Alpha Hans. Alpha Hans is in custody and being brought to Blood Stone for holding. Gamma Torro and our warriors are bringing Alpha Sebastian home now - he needs urgent medical treatment."

"I'm on my way." Standing with difficulty, clutching my chest I rush out with Kiara hot on my trail.

"Neo, what are you going to do?" she asks

"I'm going to Blood Stone, get the jet ready, link your Mom I want her and a nursing team on the plane with me in thirty minutes."

We get into my SUV, Kiara driving. The pain in my chest begins to spread through my body, and beads of sweat break out as I struggle to breathe. I've heard of and seen this happen to mated couples many times, how when one was sick or hurt the other would feel some of it through the bond.

But what I was feeling, the intensity, was as if I myself had been stabbed in the chest. I just know that's exactly what has happened to Sebastian. The fact the pain I am feeling is so intense tells me he was in serious condition - but it makes no sense.

Sebastian is a werewolf, an Alpha, short of being stabbed or shot with silver or wolfsbane he should have healed fast.

Fuck. There was my answer.

"Kiara, step on it." I choke as we reach my house. Astrid comes running out with two bags and hops into the SUV her emerald eyes bright.

"What are you doing Astrid?" I stare at her.

"Beta Kiara linked me to get your bags packed, and I'm coming with you, you can't be on your own and I want to help." I look at my niece and see her emerald eyes swimming with concern.