Chapter 1

Entering the grand ballroom, the huge shimmering chandelier hung from the elevated ceiling. Every one of its glossed diamond plates glistened the walls of the ballroom. It was a masquerade ball with guests, specifically, rich people, wearing unique masks decorated with pearls and feathers. Every one of them has fame, money and others brought their future kids, more like adults or middle-aged adults.

A skeleton boy stood at the table, scanning around like he was looking for something or someone in particular. A woman walked past him, looking at the expensive pearl bracelet she has. His hands were quick, swiping the bracelet away without the woman not noticing it. He slipped it into his suit pocket and walked to another table. He took a wine glass filled with sparkling juice instead of real alcohol. Taking a sip from it, he watched his watch, then looked out the window and nodded. It was time.

The host of the party came down from the stairs, the man was proudly holding his wine glass filled with alcohol. "Thank you all for coming to this evening-" He began. Like every other guest, he wore a mask too. "It's lovely to have you all gathered here today to celebrate my son's birthday. I am happy to host this magnificent ball to every one of you." He stopped, raising his wine glass. "Toast to everyone that came today!" He then took a sip from the glass.

"BANG!" Something was shot through the side glass window, hitting right straight into the host's head, piercing into his skull, resulting in him instantly dying in front of everyone. A crimson pool of blood flooded the stairs, the dead lifeless body of the host lay on the flat platform of the stairs as his son was quickly discarded into his room. Like every other people, the skeleton boy ran out from the ballroom with everybody else. He got into his car, spoke to his driver. "Get me out of here." He said rather calmly. The driver nodded and drove off the scene.

On the way, the skeleton boy had a slide grin as the lights from the streetlight shone into the car window.

"How more satisfying could it be to pay up my bills?" He whispered to himself.