The reflection laughed maniacally and you heard yourself, not the reflection. You felt the grin on your face that was reaching from ear to ear, as you felt the trigger slowly pressing down.

"(y/n)" A voice.

"... (y/n)!" 

Then the trigger pulled and you saw blood fill the room. You looked down and saw a pool of blood and back to the mirror and you saw the figure slumped to the bed. At this point you couldn't hold back all of that fear that had built up. The fear of your mother, of your thought, of everything that happened. Once again you let out a bloodcurdling scream...

(Nightmare end)

Shooting up from where you lay you screamed. You screamed the loudest you had heard and tears fell down your face to compliment it. Immediately it seemed that Moon was at your side wide-eyed and trying to figure out what was going on. He noticed your shaking, crying, and lack of oxygen as you hadn't breathed after screaming like you did. 

"Starlight, I'm here." Moon tried. He really wasn't great at calming.

You looked up to him, petrified and remembering what had happened in the dream. You chest became tight and your lungs hurt from the lack of oxygen. It was only now that you realized you had been hugging yourself and trying to forget everything. Your hands moved to your head and you screamed to the best of your ability again, voice hoarse from earlier events. 

"I'm here, shhhhh, I'm here now," Moon said softly while pulling you into an embrace.

You pushed him away, still scarred by the dream and you ran as far as you could. You needed something to escape from the pain, the headache, the memories. Some curtains caught your eye and you remembered the balcony that was so high up. You pushed violently through the curtains, a little too roughly as it blocked your vision and depth perception as you tripped and fell over the edge of the balcony. 

While you were falling it felt like slow motion, would your pathetic life finally end here, dying in a daycare of all things. You closed your eyes, letting your muscles relax and giving into your desires. When it felt like you hit, you opened your eyes scanning the area and feeling arms around your body holding you as if you were going to break with the tiniest bit of pressure. You looked up to a worried Moon, breathing heavy as an animatronic would. Tears sat at the ready to fall from his eyes. You reached your hand up to wipe them away and he leaned into your touch.

"Don't leave us." He whispered.

After that fall you had, you sobered up as if you were drunk and had some water. Tears made their way down your face once again as you realized that Moon cared for you so genuinely that he cried for you. 

"Shh, don't cry," You said struggling to get the words out. 

"Heh, says the one crying again," He rasped out.

"I didn't even *cough* know you could cry," you chuckled while coughing.

"No more talking until I get you something to drink."

Moon brought you back up to his room and left to go get you a drink. You looked around the room and it reminded you of the one in the dream, just a little messier and with some extra supports. You shuddered at the thought of the dream and began to feel your throat throbbing from its overuse. Your eyes burned from all the crying and wiping you had done and your ankle had reminded you of earlier with the chase. Thinking back now you realized it was probably Moon that was following you.

Moon came back into the room and stood by your side. He sat the glass down on a makeshift nightstand and picked you up bridal style to sit you on the bed. He handed you the glass before joining you and wrapping his arms around your torso still slightly shaken by you falling off the balcony. 

"I'm sorry," You blurted out.

"For what?" He asked.

"For what you had to put up with..." 

You looked down and sighed, disappointed with yourself. This wasn't how the day was supposed to go, this wasn't where you were supposed to be. 

"Nonsense (y/n)," he started, "we care about you, me and Sun do. You may not notice it sometimes, but we really do. In fact, everybody here does. They know that your job is to help them with situations that we'd rather not run in to, but they also know there is something behind your 'acting'."

You glanced up at him, shocked. They all knew you weren't really acting.

"We want you to be able to tell us when something is wrong, but if you don't want to, we also understand." He finished as he moved to grab your hand and slowly began rubbing circles on the back of it.

At this point you were crying again, this time accepting Moon's offer of a hug. You cried and let out every feeling and emotion that you had been carrying for so long. You looked up at Moon and he placed his hand on the side of your face wiping away a stray tear. It was calming just sitting like this with him. 

"You really do care, huh?" You asked through sniffles.

He blushed a little at the sudden question, and gave a pouting face and turned away. You heard him mumble a small maybe and you let out a chuckle, smiling. He looked back to you and smiled in response.

"That's the smile I wanted to see." He said, his blush coming back.

You pulled him down so he was laying on the bed with you as you cuddled up next to him, exhausted from your rollercoaster of emotions from the day finally took their toll. He started humming a song and it brought another smile to your face. It was your favorite song. He started running his fingers through your hair, further lulling you to sleep.

"(y/n)," Moon sighed.

Does Moony have a crush? Sun teased.

N-NO, ahem, no I don't. Moon responded.

Moon could hear the smirk coming from Sun, but it was true. You sparked something in him that he had never felt before, whether it be a sense of importance or a feeling of love. All he knew was that he wanted you to be safe and work through your problems together.

__________________________________

||Holy Hell... that was a lot. Anyways an extra long chapter as an apology for not updating yesterday. I really hope you liked it. 

Thanks for reading!||

(1806 words)