Chapter Five: Have Fun. Don't die.

Start from the beginning

"Because you should know by now that things I say when I'm upset aren't how I really feel!" He yells at me.

I toss the dry cleaning bag down on the folding chair by the door and cross my arms, jutting out my hip a little as I glare at him. "Oh, pray tell, Mr. Min. How exactly is it that you really feel? Because all that I can gather is that you really dislike me for some reason, and nothing I do is up to your heightened standards. Oh, also, nothing I do is even right, so...there's that. Also, you don't like the clothes that I wear, you don't like the way that I address you, you don't like the clothes that I pick out for you, and it kinda seems sometimes, like you can barely stand to look at me. Did I miss anything?"

I watch as he raises his hands up to rub at his eyes again. "God. You really are so fucking stupid, aren't you?"

"Excuse me?"

"Did it ever occur to you that maybe I like looking at you a bit too much, so I have to force myself to look away from you?" He asks me. "Did you ever stop to consider that I'm so cold towards you because it's the only way that I can control myself around you?"

I roll my eyes at him. "You are so full of shit, dude."

"I'm not. And it's even worse now that I..."

"Now that you what?" I ask when it seems like he's not going to finish his sentence.

"Now that I've found my soulmate," he tells me. "Or at least, I think that I did. And how I look at you makes me feel guilty. Like I'm cheating on her or something."

Of course he found his soulmate. I already know this, because it's me.

"Good for you," I tell him. It's kind of hard to keep myself in check and not tell him.

"I'm sure that you'll be happy to know that I already fucked things up with her," he says with a dark laugh.

"How did you manage to do that already?" I ask. I'm honestly confused. He didn't fuck anything up. All he did was...be Min Yoongi. I guess it's kind of his fault, but also not his fault, at the same time.

Yoongi sighs and sits down in the makeup chair, using his feet on the floor to spin it around so that he's facing me. "Honestly? I'm not even sure. I met her on the soulmate app. I posted my marking on there, and then I found my match. We've been chatting on there for a few days. Today I asked if I could give her my number so we could just text, since it's easier. She said sure, but then after I gave it to her...I haven't heard from her since. It's been a couple of hours now."

"Maybe she's just busy," I offer.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuckity fuck.

What do I do now? Do I tell him? Do I not tell him? Maybe he'll be as annoyed about it as me. Maybe he'll blame me. Maybe he'll...kiss me.

I was even more annoyed at how badly I wanted that to happen.

"Too busy to text her own soulmate?" He asks, his tone showing how silly he thinks that option is.

"I don't know, dude," I tell him. "Maybe she just doesn't like your personality. Or your face."

"I haven't shown her my face," he says, shooting me a glare. "And I've been nothing but nice to her. Sweet, even."

"That must have been really difficult for you," I giggle. "Going against your basic nature like that."

He rolls his eyes at me, and stands up. "I don't know why I even thought I could have a normal conversation with you. I'm going back to the hotel to sleep." I watch as he stands up and opens the door to head out.

My response is instant, and so is my regret.

"Have fun. Don't die."

He spins around to stare at me, his jaw hanging open a little. "What did you just say?!"

Fuck.

What did I just do?

******************************************************

A/N: Oops! She probably shouldn't have said that last bit, huh? Don't you just hate when something comes out before you even think about what you're saying? Word vomit at it's finest. Anyway! I hope you all had a good day! Stay safe and keep yourselves healthy, my loves! -------Kat