Chapter Five: Have Fun. Don't die.

Start from the beginning

"No," I say, then I turn to grab the bag that has to be dry cleaned and head for the door.

I don't get far before warmth encircles my arm. I look down to find his hand wrapped around my forearm. I look up at him, my eyebrow raised.

"Don't be like this," he says to me.

"Like what? We're not friends," I tell him. "You said so yourself. I'm just trying to be professional with you. It is my job, after all." I try to pull my arm out of his grasp, but he tugs on it instead, pulling me to him.

I gasp and look at him. We are the exact same height, so I can easily look right into his eyes.

"Please don't be like this, Cassi," He says in a quiet voice.

We're standing so close that I can feel his breath on my face. I can't help but to stare at him, blinking a couple of times. I knew that he was my soulmate, but I feel like my brain just processed that fact. I can't seem to look away from him. His mouth, his nose, his beautiful, pale skin, his fluffy and shiny hair that hangs down into his cat-like eyes a little bit. I looked back to his mouth again. His lips always look incredibly soft, like he owns a stake in a chapstick company or something. 

I think that I told my soulmate on the app, that the guy I was fighting with at work was 'unnecessarily beautiful.' Or was it 'unnecessarily hot?' I can't remember. Both are true, though. And it's kind of funny that he has no idea that I was talking about him.

He knitted his brows together. "Wh-...Why are you staring at me like that?"

I pull back and finally get my arm out of his grip. "Like what? I'm not looking at you like anything."

"You were, too," he says, still staring me down. "Kinda like you wanted to kiss me."

I roll my eyes in an overly-dramatic way, then turn away from him, hoping he didn't see how red my cheeks got. "In your dreams, Mr. Min."

"That's not untrue, but still," he says, rubbing the back of his neck. "You were looking at me like that."

"Maybe I was looking at you like you're the Dr. Jekyll to the Mr. Hyde that you were earlier," I tell him.

Wait...did he just say that he dreams about kissing me? Surely I imagined that, right? Or he didn't mean it how it came out.

"So now I'm a Robert Louis Stevenson book?" He asks me with a laugh. "You're ridiculous, do you know that?"

"No more than you are, Mr. Min."

"Seriously. Stop it with that shit," he says with a heavy sigh.

"You were the one that started with 'that shit,' dude," I tell him. "Not me. Or have you forgotten already? I'm pretty sure that when Mr. Hyde turns back into Dr. Jekyll, he doesn't remember anything that happened. So maybe it's that."

"I kinda wish that I could forget," he says. He brings both of his hands up to rub at his eyes. "But I have a feeling that you won't let me forget about it any time soon."

"If it helps you feel any better, you won't have to hear it from me for long," I say.

"What do you mean?"

"I asked if it was possible for me to be switched to one of the other guys," I tell him with a shrug.

"You did WHAT?!" He roars at me. "Are you fucking stupid? Why would you do that?"

"Let me remind you, that this was also your idea," I point out to him. "I don't l know why you keep getting so mad at me for doing what you say."