Chapter 8 - Kakashi

Warning: Gore/ mental break 

♦︎_____________♦︎____________♦︎

Kakashi traveled most of the way to the Sand village in silence.  Watching his surroundings, listening to the birds sing and feeling the fresh air hit his face. Kakashi was called to the Hokage's mansion for an urgent meeting earlier that morning.  Apparently, Tsunade-sama got word for the Sand about a new medical seal. They asked us to check it for authenticity. 

That's all Kakashi planned on doing until he saw a certain delivery shipped to Y/n's apartment. He watched Y/n's face gleam in excitement as she brought the box inside. Curiosity got the better of the masked man. So, Kakashi did what any sane person would do. Break into Y/n's apartment while she was away. 

Once, Y/n was a good distance away from the premises he broke in. Making sure to kick off his shoes to not let dirt into the small household. Kakashi grabbed the box and tore into it with ease. At the top of the objects laid a blue note. Kakashi read the note quickly and began to crumple up the edges as he read. At the end of the note was signed Nobu. 

Nobu, huh? Kakashi smiled in delight. He thought it would take longer to discover her 'friends' identity. Kakashi's smirk immediately fell as he saw the items placed in the package. He grabbed the photo and gripped it tightly. 

As Kakashi thought back to that moment, rage consumed him. Gripping his backpack straps tightly.

"How dare he take what's mine. Touching her like she is his." 

There was no way Kakashi would let that happen. Nobu had to go, he didn't deserve to live. 

"I can't wait to hear you beg for your miserable life." 

In that moment Kakashi spilt himself into two. His clone ran off toward the mist village. Unfortunately, for the real Kakashi he had to complete his mission. 

"All in a days work, I guess. Just killing two birds with one stone." 

Kakashi laughed and dashed ahead to make it to the Sand village on time. 

....at the mist....

Kakashi's doppelgänger moved within the buildings shadows. Careful not to draw attention to his whereabouts. Kakashi was on edge more than ever. Slowly telling his mind to quite shouting at him. 

"Kakashi, It's your fault I'm dead!" 

"Shut up." 

Kakashi whispered and grabbed his throbbing forehead. Being back in the Mist village was triggering some major PTSD flashbacks. 

"Focus. Kakashi. Focus. She's not real." 

"K-Kakashi!"

Flashbacks of Rin course through his mind over and over again. Watching thick red fluid ooze from her mouth. The very thought made Kakashi tremble as he watched his hand go straight through her abdomen. 

"I-It's alright! I'm fine."

Kakashi tried to give himself a hug to ground himself back in the moment. His voice raspy as he let out a final breath of air. 

"Be in the moment. Ground yourself. Listen to your surroundings."

Kakashi began going over the techniques Tsunade-sama taught him when he was having one his panic attacks. Which slowly seemed to level his mind. Kakashi eventually started back on his journey and found Nobu's scent in a nearby house. The lights gleamed from the window and footsteps shuffled around. 

Sneaking through a window Kakashi successfully entered. Kakashi began forming hand signs and raised his arm in the air. 

"Hidden Mist Jutsu: Silent Kill." 

Smoke swept through the house and Kakashi quickly crawled around the house. 

"Who do you think you are using Zabuza-sans jutsu! Come out right now!" 

Kakashi watch Nobu look around the house for him. Letting out a dark chuckle escape his lips spooking Nobu. 

"My My. So you are Nobu?" 

Kakashi mocked Nobu and teased him. It was his little game he liked to play, just like Marco Polo. Making his prey try and guess were he was. Kakashi was toying with Nobu and was overjoyed. 

"Come out, already! Or I will make you!" 

"(laughs) What's the rush? You aren't having fun? Such a shame." 

Kakashi made more clones of himself and scattered them through the house. To Nobu, all he could see was glowing red dots surround him. 

"So you an Uchiha?" 

"More like borrowed from a friend."

Nobu's breath hitched and began choking on his own spit. 

"There's no way! What the hell are you doing here?! Friend Killer Kakashi!" 

"Don't call me that!" 

Kakashi shouted and slammed Nobu on the ground. Placing his heel deep into Nobu's sternum. Making Nobu gasp for air. 

"Did I hit a nerve?"

"You deserve to die. You touched what's mine ."

"What the hell are you talking about you freak!" 

Kakashi squinted his eyes and put more weight into Nobu's chest. Kakashi grabbed his kunai from his back pocket and leaned down toward Nobu's face. Tracing the end of the blade against his check and watching blood trickle down. 

"I want to make something very clear. Y/n, is mine and you tainted her with your touch." 

"You stay a-AAAH!" 

Kakashi showed the dagger into Nobu's clavicle. 

"Screaming already?" 

Nobu watched Kakashi in pure terror. Kakashi's eyes were practically popping out of their sockets and he could see a large grin stretched across his face. Kakashi had gone off the deep end, a pure chaotic killing machine.  

"Let me see~" 

Kakashi watched Nobu try to form hand signs to break free from his grasp. Making Kakashi tsk in delight. 

"You won't be needing these hands anymore. So, let's get rid of them." 

Kakashi sliced through Nobu's hands like butter. Whatever dark being that lived inside Kakashi came forth through his shadow clone and he loved it. Knowing that he was doing something for the love of his life. Imagining her smiling and thanking him for getting rid of Nobu. It was all worth it. Once Kakashi was done with his toy he got up and admired his work. Kakashi laughed and grabbed his stomach from the pain. 

"Now there will be no interruptions!" 

Kakashi's sanity immediately flew out the window that afternoon. Caving into the monster inside him.