chapter 1

Sabrina's POV

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to, happy birthday to Sabrina, happy birthday to you" My friends Elena, Matt, Jeremy, Bonnie, Caroline, Damon and Stefan all sing with my family Zelda, Hilda and Ambrose all standing proudly behind me while I'm sitting at the table in front of my birthday cake and friends.

"Okay Sabrina, make a wish" Elena says smiling happily at me. I close my eyes not making a wish because I can't think of anything then I blow out the candles on the cake. Today is my sixteenth birthday, the day I sign my name in The Book of the Beast and sixteen is the age I can finally find my soulmate.

"Thank you guys so much" I say grinning widely. "Awe, you're welcome Brina" Damon says using his nickname for me and hugging me tightly. Just then I feel as if something or someone is forcing their way into my mind. Curious of to what or who it is I let them in. "Hello Darling, happy birthday" the voice of a man with a British accent says.

"Um, thanks....not to be rude but who are you?" I ask slowly. "My name is Kol Mikaelson, you're soulmate" The man says.

"Oh cool, so you're one of the Original vampire's then?" I ask happily. He chuckles "Yes darling, I'm one of the Original Vampires....how do you know about that?" He asks getting a bit quieter at the end.

"Oh well...I'm a Spellman witch so I kind of sort of know of every supernatural creature out there we kinda have to ya know" I say. "Yeah so who are you're parents? I might know them" he asks curiously.

"Okay one, that's slightly weird. and two my father is Edward Spellman, he was the father of our coven before he died and my mother was a mortal named Diana. So I am witch and mortal. Although me and my cousin Ambrose and aunties Zelda and Hilda have resentaly found out that my father is actually The Dark Lord due to a ritual because of me being half mortal. And if you don't know who The Dark Lord is it's Satan" I say like it's the most normal thing in the world.

"I do know who The Dark Lord is after all I have been around for a thousand years" He says amused.

"Oh hold on my familiar is trying to talk to me give me a second." I say before looking over to Salem. "Yes Salem?" I ask "Are you talking to you're soulmate?" He asks tilting his head to the side.

"Yes, I am" I say excitedly. "So who is he?'" Salem asks curiously. "His name is Kol Mikaelson, he's one of the Original vampires" I explain smiling. "Oh that's cool I am happy for you Sabrina" Salem says sweetly. "Thank you Salem" I say scratching behind his ears. "I'll let you get back to Kol then" He says breaking the mind link.

"Okay, sorry about that" I apologize. "Oh, it's okay darling" Kol dismisses. "So what familiar did you get?" Kol wonders.

"Well I didn't get a traditional one from the familiar book. I went to the woods behind my home and did a spell to call one and that night I got home from school to find him in his true form. I asked him who he was and he explained he had hear my call that morning and came, so I named him Salem, He's a black cat with green eyes." I explain.

"If you want I can link his mind to yours to so you can talk to him because he's impatient and wants to speak to you. But that's up to you." I offer.

"Sure if you want, I don't mind" Kol agrees. "Okay, hang on give me sec" I say doing the spell to link Salem, and Kol's mind together as well as keeping mine linked to theirs. "Okay Salem, you can stop pacing and talk to him now" I say through the link. "What? I'm not pacing" Salem denies. "Oh really? Because from the table it looks like you are" I say sarcastically. "Okay fine, I am" He admits. "I know you are" I say sweetly.

"Okay so Kol. this is Salem and Salem, this is Kol" I introduce. "Hello Kol nice to kind of meet you" Salem greets. "Hello Salem nice to kind of meet you too" Kol says. "Oh Sabrina, Zelda told me to tell you that The Dark Lord will come to visit tonight" Salem says. "Okay, thank you Salem" I say politely.

"Ohhhh, auntie Zelda and Hilda left for the trip guts it's time for the real party to start" I say loudly before turning the song 'Black Magic Woman by VCTRYS. Cheers erupt in the house and everyone starts dancing.

"Okay Salem, I need you to help Ambrose find his costume, you know he can never find anything and if he shows up without his costume on Halloween also known as my birthday, I am going to hex him" I say darkly. "Yes, I know you will Salem says cutting his mind off from Kol and mine.

"Okay so what all can you hear like can you hear only me or everything? Like the music that's playing right now?" I ask. "I can hear everything, but only if you allow me too. If you don't want me to hear something you can always put a barrier up between that ability in my mind and the same goes for you if I don't want you to hear something" Kol explains. "Okay cool" I say while dancing.

The rest of the night is filled with dancing, sing contests, gossip, lots of alcohol and talking to Kol.