Cry Wolf Part 2

When we reached the top of the stairs we went left to the only door in this place. We entered the room cautiously. It looked like this was someone’s office. I don’t know if it was the Crooked Man’s or someone else’s. Bigby and I glared at the Crooked Man who was still looking out the window.

“Hello, Bigby, Lexy. You two look tired.” Crooked Man said calmly.

“Give me one good reason not to rip you apart right now.” Bigby growled. The Crooked Man turned around and pointed a gun at Bigby’s head. I took out my own and aimed it at the Crooked Man’s chest.

“This gun holds six rounds of specially designed silver bullets. Now, I may not be the best shot…but I can guarantee that at least one bolt-“Crooked Man was interrupted when Bigby charged at him. Although Bigby stopped when Crooked Man fired the gun, aiming between me and Bigby. I gasped when I heard the bullet pass very closely to my ear. Crooked Man kept his gun pointed at me. “I won’t miss next time.” The Crooked Man said, pissed off. Bigby stayed put and glanced at me over his shoulder.

“Before you do anything with me, I thought I should point out a few things. Snow White wants you to bring me back to the Woodlands, doesn’t she? And that’s what I want… You plan to do what she says, don’t you?” That bastard.

“Snow’s not here. You’re dealing with us now.” Bigby stepped closer and the Crooked Man backed up slightly.

“That may be true, but I’d advice against defying your new boss. At least for the time being.” Crooked Man said and Bigby crossed his arms. I was still watching the gun that was pointed at me. “You will bring me back alive. Look, all I ask for is a chance to speak for myself in front of the community. And I’m sure Miss White would agree that I should be given a fair trial. Can we at least agree on that? I will have a trail.”

“Spoiled brat.” I said. Crooked Man glared at me and held his gun a little tighter. I now aimed my gun towards his head.

“The whole town will be calling for your execution.” Bigby said, taking the attention from me towards him. “Why would you want us to bring you back there?”

“Why don’t you let me worry about that?” Crooked Man answered. Bigby walked closer again while Crooked man stepped back. I kept myself on the same place I’ve been standing at. “Look…There’s no reason for us to be at each other’s throats here.”

“That’s funny…coming from the guy pointing a gun at my partner’s head.” Bigby said, sounding amused and angry at the same time.

“This is just a precaution. I’m sure you understand.” Crooked Man said.

“Precaution, my ass.” I snapped.

“I’m no murderer, Princess, Mr. Wolf. I didn’t kill those women. And I think you know that. All I’m asking for is a chance to explain my side of the story.” Crooked Man said.

“If you’re not a killer, than what are you?” Bigby asked.

“I’m a businessman. Not a killer.” Crooked Man said while frowning.

“There’s still a lot you have to answer for.” Bigby said, glaring at him.

“And I will…as long as you agree to my terms. Because I’m not saying another word until I am brought before the community. And I don’t think I’m being unreasonable. If you decide to do something stupid, like murder me…” Both man were glaring at each other. “You won’t get your answers…but you will have a difficult time explaining yourself to Miss White and the rest of this miserable town.” The Crooked Man pointed his gun at Bigby now, giving me the time to move closer. I growled silently when Crooked Man backed up and Bigby followed.