Faith Part 3

Writer’s POV

“You almost look peaceful.” Snow said. Bigby grunted and opened his eyes.

“Yup.” He said while rubbing his aching head.

“Except you’re lying in a dirty alley.” Snow said.

“Yup.” Was Bigby’s only answer.

“With an open wound on the back of your head.”

Yu- Emma!” Bigby sat up and looked next to him. Lexy was lying next to him, still unconscious and a cut on her forehead. He put her in his lap and examined her head. “That’s gonna hurt.” He said with a shake of his head. Bigby lightly shook Lexy.

“Emma? Wake up, Em.” The girl grunted and opened her eyes. She looked around before closing her eyes again.

“Shit.” She said.

“How do you feel?” Bigby asked.

“Like I was hit by a train paired with a hangover.” She grunted. She opened her eyes and this time looked confused. “Why am I in your lap?”

“Uh…you were lying on the ground so…” Bigby searched for an answer but didn’t really find one.

“Don’t get your panties in a twist, sheriff.” Lexy said and smiled.

Lexy’s POV

I hesitated before giving Bigby a peck on his cheek.

“Thanks. For worrying about me.” I said and looked in his now wide eyes. I shifted and stood up with Bigby doing the same.

“Where’d they go?” Bigby asked Snow. Snow was looking at us with a raised eyebrow. She gave me a long look that said ‘we’re gonna talk about this later’.

“Well, after the one guy hit you and the other one stopped kicking you…”

“That explains the ribs.” Bigby Interrupted Snow while putting a hand on his ribs.

“Then they jumped into a car and drove off.” Snow said. I looked around before slightly touching my head. I hissed when I touched the cut.

“We should check in on Toad. See if there’s anything there that can get us back in the trail.” Snow said while giving me a concerned look.

“Alright, let’s go to that Toad guy.” I said, slurring a bit.

“Are you alright, Emma? You don’t look so good.” Snow said. I felt Bigby’s eyes on me the whole time. I glanced at both of them and smiled a little.

“I’m fine.” I took a step to prove that I was good but started tumbling forward. Bigby caught me just before I broke my nose on the ground.

“Alright, maybe I’m not so fine.” I said as Bigby brought me back up right and let me lean on him.

“I think you should go back to your apartment and sleep it off.” Bigby said. He held me close as I began to sway.

“No! She’s not supposed to fall asleep with a concussion!” Snow said in a panic.

“Relax, Snow. I don’t have a concussion. Just the hit with lack of a good night sleep got me a little fuzzy.” I said.

“Alright, come on.” I squeaked when Bigby lifted me up in his arms.

“Bigby, I can walk!” I said loudly.

“Yeah, sure. We’ve seen that.” He said with an eye roll and a little smile.

“Shut up, puppy.” I said while putting my arms over my chest. I saw the annoyance in his face when I called him a puppy.

“Hey! I can drop you, princess.” He said as he looked down at me.