Chapter 2

•Out of the basement•

Unknown P.O.V

The room was a clutter filled mess and it was kinda hard to see due to there being no lights whatsoever.

But as a human mage it seemed my magic guided itself towards my eyes causing them to glow a dull luminescent blue.

Where am I?

Third P.O.V

This seemed to a basement of sorts.

A very dusty one at that.

There were cobwebs hanging from the ceiling and large spiders preying on them.

Knick knacks and tools were spread all over the floors and tables to the left of the young woman's form.

The room in itself was concrete, the texture was rough as if it is was amateurly done.

The table was old and rustic, almost tearing apart at the seams.

The scent was sour like something had died down here, but no proof of a corpse was evident.

Critters like rats and spiders were too close for comfort.

"Stupid vermin." The girl in dirty grey armor kicked her feet in an effort to scare the rascals away.

Cobwebs were littered around and dirt and moss were scattered around the room.

It was dirty and disgusting almost as if it hadn't been cleaned in decades.

"Eh, are you sure their down here Swap?"

"OF COURSE I AM! ARE YOU DOUBTING ME, THE GREAT AND MAGNIFICENT SWAP!?"

"WHY WOULDN'T HE DOUBT YOU? AFTER ALL YOUR JUDGEMENT CERTAINLY IS POOR!"

"And what's that supposed to mean?"

Unkown voices from above seemed to echo all over the dusty room.

'Well they certainly are noisy'. The young woman thought to herself walking towards a dark and now noticable staircase.

The staircase was in an almost unrecognizable state, looking as if it would break if she looked at it funny.

Though... the traveller wonders why she's never seen it before until now.

She flinches as the loud voices echo down, much more aggressive.

"Can we just get this over with? I've got some mustard with my name on it and-"

"OH COME ON-"

"REALLY-"

"DISGUSTING!"

Annoyingly, they are still very noisy. Wait a moment... Mustard!? Is the voice saying they eat- or drink it raw? That's... awfully weird, anyway!

The traveller looks around once more, squinting at the darkness in the room.

Her eyes expand whilst staring at the dark for too long, but fortunately something useful comes into her view.

'Hm? A door?' The young female wondered glancing up the stairs.

Light from the top of the staircase seems to pour into the room out of the now opened door.

It was tall, rusty and wooden. Like everything else, the door also seemed to be out of commission.

As she stared at the shadows that came into view and stood ominously at the top of the flight of stairs slowly stand up to the doors frame, some taller than others.