Chapter 2 - Ishq Di Baajiyan

Song for the chapter - Ishq Di Baajiyan by Diljit Dosanjh ✨

Next day, Shehnaaz went to the theatre and got her script. As it was a musical play, not many dialouges were there. But there was a monologue which was almost in pure hindi. She felt a little nervous as being a punjabi, her hindi was good but she had that punjabi touch in her hindi or even english. Sidharth entered to see her standing a little tensed so he went to her.

"Hey! Good morning.", sidharth wished her.

"Good morning.", shehnaaz replied back with a small smile.

"Is everything okay? You look a little tensed.", sidharth asked her.

"Ahh if you don't mind can we have some changes in this monologue?", shehnaaz asked a little unsure.

"What happened? Is there any problem in this one?", sidharth asked her.

"Actually Sidharth I don't know why but I can't connect with this dialouge. I am not this kind of shy and quiet girl.", shehnaaz told him.

"Okay then I don't have any problem but please make sure the dialogues go well with the story line.", sidharth said.

"Thank you", shehnaaz said gratefully.

1,2,3 START!!

"Tumhari problem kya hai aditya? I am just 23 and we are still knowing each other. How can you ask me to leave dancing and acting and be a housewife? You know na that this is my passion.", noor said

"Noor what is the problem in being a housewife? haan? This is not a reputable proffesion Noor. And my family won't allow me to marry you knowing about you being a dancer.", aditya said gritting his teeth.

"Noor then we should part our ways. Tum apne raaste jaao, Mai apne raaste jaaunga. Bye", aditya went away.

Dekho kaise tujhse mai yun dur chala gya
Socha bhi nahi kya hoga tera jo Mai yun dur chala gya

Shehnaaz then started dancing. She was feeling the song and felt that this had happened once. But ignoring her thoughts, she continued dancing.

Sidharth was watching her dance exceptionally well. He noticed her face for the first time... She had big doe eyes, a cute chubby face and also had a mole on her left cheek. She had brown long hair that danced freely as she followed her steps.

CUT!!

Everyone started clapping and Shehnaaz came down the stage. She was looking at Sidharth when he came to her and patted her shoulder.

"You are too good Shehnaaz. Seriously I had taken many auditions but no one else could dance like you.", sidharth said smiling.

"Thank you so much Sidharth and  I am single and unique piece.", shehnaaz said while fanning her hand over her.

"You are!!", sidharth said.

"Friends", shehnaaz forwarded her hand.

"Yeah sure", sidharth said shaking her hand.

"Guys I think it's enough for today. We have a week and till then we'll rehearse.", sidharth said.

*******
Shehnaaz came out of the theatre and was going to sit in her car, when she noticed that her car's tyre was punctured. She pouted cutely and was going to call the cab when she saw a car stopping in front of her.

Sidharth came out from the car looking all handsome. Shehnaaz was just adoring him. "He is hot", shehnaaz thought loudly.

"I am", sidharth replied grinning.

"Zyaada zor se bol diya kya", shehnaaz thought and just smiled in return.

"What happened? Is there any problem with your car? Ohh the tyre is punctured. If you don't mind I can give you a lift.", sidharth said.

"Ah! No, I will manage thank you." shehnaaz said with a little smile on her face.

"Shehnaaz dost bhi bolti ho aur phir aise dost ko mana bhi karti ho. Vaise bhi raat hogyi and you know Mumbai is not safe especially at night. Come and sit.", sidharth said, a little authoritatively.

They both sat inside the car and sidharth drove to her house. On the way they started talking about her family and friends.

"Accha ye batao tumhe kya pasand hai", sidharth asked her.

"Merko na apni taarefein sunna bohot accha laggta hai. Meri eyes ki, meri jawline ki, mere teeth ki, mere lips ki.", shehnaaz said excitedly.

"Ye kaise shaunk hai tumhare", sidharth said laughing hard.

Just then they heard the radio playing Ishq Di Baajiyan.

"That's my favorite song.", shehnaaz said smiling.

Kabhi usse noor noor kehta hu
Kabhi mai hoon hope kehta hu
Ishq mein chur chur rehta hu
Door na jaa..Ishq di baajiyan
Jeetiyan na haariyan.

Sidharth saw her lip syncing the song and felt butterflies in his stomach when he saw the cold breeze hitting her face gently and her hair flying. Sidharth always thought that " feeling butterfly in stomach" and "music in bg when two people meet each other" are filmy things. But looking at her divine face was giving him some unknown peace. Unknowingly he lip synced the next line.

Jaan se lagg gyi
Jaan ki yaariyan....✨

Dropping her home, he went to his house. After getting fresh, he decided to cook some food. He decided to cook Fried Rice as he already had leftover rice. After eating he decided to sleep. Thinking about her, he slept soundly.

Meanwhile Shehnaaz was also going to sleep, when she started thinking about Sidharth. "Naam to accha hai bande ka. Khud bhi accha hai.", shehnaaz thought and slept.

Here's the second chapter.Hope you all will like it. ❤