43. The Whole Story

The studies resumed after the winter semester break. Jungkook couldn't help but feel that he and Jimin did something, but no matter how hard he tried, he couldn't remember what exactly happened. He knew he was supposed to stay at Bambam's house that night, but he got caught by Jimin, and when he woke up the next morning, he was in Jimin's bed. The older sneaked him out of the house and dropped him at Bambam's place. He tried to feel if his ass hurt, in case they fucked, but nothing was hurting, except his head, which was because of a hangover. He couldn't also ask Jimin as he felt mortified. 

All the days of his break went by rethinking, unable to focus on his studies. Now that classes resumed, he regretted not studying. As he was walking astray in the corridors, staring at grey clouds, he didn't hear the faint voice of the drum. In a matter of two minutes, the crowd broke and he heard Jimin's voice hollering his name.

He realized what was happening, bootlegging, as they liked to call it. He ended up hurt last year so when he discerned panic in Jimin's voice, he rushed towards him, against the hoard of students who were running in his direction

"Hyung!" Jungkook turned his phone's flashlight on and Jimin did the same. The older caught his arm and grabbed him, hugging him tightly and turning around so the younger was secure against the wall in case anyone freely hit. 

"What is happening?" Jungkook asked, grabbing onto Jimin's shoulders.

"This is the final year. They are going to be crazy. Stay with me, alright?"

"Yes," the boy nodded and remembered how he was hit by Jimin last year. The thought made him a little gloomy. Jimin hated him, and then he fell in love with the boy who hated him. Now, it was back to where they started. Jungkook could feel that Jimin still deeply cared about him, otherwise he wouldn't give a damn if he got caught in the crossfire, yet here he was. 

"Yoongi!" Someone yelled from one corner and Jimin began to drag Jungkook away. 

"Wait, Hyung... We have to get Yoongi Hyung too."

"No," Jimin didn't lose the grip over Jungkook's hand. "He can take care of himself."

"I can too," Jungkook struggled now, feeling anger suddenly overbearing his mind. Was Jimin here only because he thought he couldn't defend himself? 

Jungkook succeeded in prying his hand away from Jimin and ran in the opposite direction in the dark, disappearing off in the crowd. A few of the students were still on the same floor and judging by the voices that emerged from the lower floors, Jimin could tell that the seniors were now everywhere. He rushed behind Jungkook, feeling annoyed by how adamant he had become. 

Just in time the teachers brought out the big flashlights and drew back the blinds in the corridors that the seniors pulled down. Jimin caught Do-Jin trying to push Jungkook down the stairs so he kicked him to the ground. Jungkook turned around, seeing that Jimin was assaulting the other boy. 

"What is wrong with you?" Jungkook now pushed Jimin back, making Do-Jin smirk. 

"He was about to push you down the stairs." Jimin thundered through his gritted teeth.

By then, the teachers began yelling before getting out in the corridors. "Who's there?"

Everyone knew that this was the class that always rained down chaos whenever it rained and was dark, but they could never catch anyone in action. By the time everything settled, the students would be back in their classroom.

Jimin pulled Jungkook and Do-Jin to drag them into the bathroom."Before you say one more word," Jimin pointed his finger at Jungkook because he looked like he was about to bark out. "Your dear friend Do-Jin and Jaein were the ones who attacked you last year, not me."