Romance Manga | Chpt 26

Start from the beginning

"We don't need to leave just yet."

~~~

I returned to the dorms, trying to decide who I should talk to first. Kirishima seemed like the safer option, he was warmer than Bakugo was. That was nothing against Bakugo, but it was just true. I didn't want Bakugo to think that I was scared of him, if he were to find out I went to him second. If they were together...I didn't think I could talk. Then again, it might be better to just do it once. Their rooms were right next to each other.

So I stood in front of both, trying to decide.

After a while, I realized that I forgot whose door is whose.

I knocked on a random one and Bakugo opened up his door, raising an eyebrow when he saw me. I remembered now that I had come here to thank him once.

"What are you doing here?" he asked.

"Who is it?" a voice asked, footsteps bringing Kirishima up behind Bakugo. "(y/n)! Come in!"

"Oi, don't go inviting people into MY room," Bakugo scoffed. Kirishima just shook his head, pressing Bakugo aside so I could enter. I hesitantly entered and Bakugo shut the door, shoving Kirishima by his head.

"How are you?" Kirishima asked.

"You don't need to be so up her ass," Bakugo countered.

"I was just asking."

Both of them looked at me and I shrunk slightly, standing awkwardly in the center of the room.

"I'm...okay right now," I said. "I just wanted to come and say...that I was sorry if Kutsu scared you guys--specifically Kirishima. That doesn't happen...I already mentioned it before."

I took a deep breath.

"I think he just freaks out when I freak out. I don't usually panic like that, but I just can't seem to be alone with the thought of what happened," I continued. "I didn't mean to alarm you with Kutsu or running away."

"You don't have to be sorry," Kirishima said. I glared at the ground, knowing that I would have to face both of them if I looked up.

"Don't have to talk about anything either," Bakugo muttered.

"Unless you want or need to," Kirishima finished. "You really didn't scare either of us, even if Bakugo is afraid of snakes."

"Fuck you Kirishima," Bakugo scoffed. I glanced up at Kirishima, seeing him look smugly at Bakugo. Bakugo just glared at him, his hands in tight fists. I looked between them, smiling slightly.

"It's just the truth! You hate frogs too, don't you. That's why you don't say shit to Tsu," Kirishima pointed out. Bakugo nearly hissed at him, shoving at Kirishima's head again. Kirishima laughed, ducking as Bakugo's fingers mashed into his cheek. I watched them before my smile fell. Bakugo glanced over, stopping when he saw me and Kirishima stood up straight, looking from Bakugo to me.

"I don't...know what to do," I said. "Aizawa said I should go see...Toga. Police are trying to figure out what to do with her."

"You...think they'll put her in VIP?" Kirishima asked. I paused, recognizing that as a possibility now.

"I never considered that," I said, wringing my hands out.

"You never stabbed anyone," Bakugo scoffed. I felt myself tense, knowing that he and Kirishima were there to witness the first time. They had no idea. Toga...was just a misinformed, deluded kid. I wanted to take the high road and believe that it wasn't her fault, but there was a possibility we were just fundamentally different.