Final Goodbyes Are The Worst

Mackenziee P.O.V
" I couldn't believe my eyes" I thought as I was watching Maddie's lifeless body lay in the hospital bed. "Mom... I whimpered. She's not really gone right, this is all a joke...RIGHT?" I was now raising my voice.
" Mack, she's gone" my mother cried into Gregs arms.
No no no this can't be happening I thought. I pinched myself and then I pinched myself some more. Maddie was gone. And there is nothing we could do about it. Tears started to slip out of my eyelids as I thought of all the memories we had together. Even when I was mad at her, I still loved her. But now she's gone, and there's nothing I could do about it.
" Mackenzie sweetie, why don't we go home and rest. And you don't have to go to dance if you don't want to. It's up to you" my mom told me. I kissed Maddies head right before they covered her. It was time to leave.
"Mom, I wanna go to dance." I said as we were driving home. I broke the silence so I was hoping that my mom wasn't going to yell at me. But she said alright and then we were off.
"Kenz, Ms. Abby wants to talk to you. Is that alright" she turned around and looked at me at a stoplight.
"Ummm sure..I guess."
I was panicking in my head. What if she yells at me? What if she wants me to be exactly like Maddie and not Mackenzie anymore? What if she discontinues dance...? I shuddered at that one. No no no Ms. Abby wouldn't do that to me. Cmon Kenzie take a deep breath.
I was thinking to much. I just threw in my headphones and I looked at the window. We were pulling into the ALDC parking lot. Here it goes I said quietly.
When I walked into the studio, it was really quiet. "Gia...Abby?"
"In here Kenz" Gia said. When I heard Gia, a splash of relief stretched over me. "Abby wants to see you, she's in Studio C."
I was walking to Studio C when I saw a collage on the wall...of Maddie. It said in loving memory of Madison Nicole Ziegler. I couldn't fight back the tears so I cried. I slowly opened the door to the Studio and tiptoed my way in.
"Abby" I managed to say. "Yes Kenz, come over here please." She patted the little couch and told me to sit down. There wasn't a lot of space left so I squeezed my body onto the remainder of space.
" Mackenzie I'm very sorry for your loss. I am not expecting you to be at dance tomorrow for pyramid but you can do anything you want. If you want to come then great, but if you don't that is perfectly fine. It's up to you" Abby said. I think that was the nicest I ever heard Abby talk...shocker.
I'm gonna come Ms. Abby, hopefully dance will keep me distracted." I whispered. The room got really quiet that you could hear a pin drop. "Great!" Abby finally said. It took her long enough.
" Before you go, I have one question. How did Maddie die?"
(Kenzies Mind)
News Flash, there is going to be a huge rainstorm that is starting right about...now. That's when a waterfall came out of my eyes.
(End Of Kenzies Thoughts)
I started to tell Abby what happened. " We were playing hide and seek and I couldn't find her so I told her that it was dinner time, even though it wasn't, I just wanted to find her. As she came out of her spot, I kept telling her it was dinner time but she didn't listen. Then a few minutes later my mom pul...
I stopped in the middle of my sentence and ran out of the room back into my mothers Suburban. I screamed at my mother " Mom Maddies dead because of me..because of me. I should've kept on playing instead of cheating. I'm an idiot mom. I might as well die!" My mom looked very confused. I kept repeated that in my mind. Maddie Ziegler is dead because her idiotic sister Mack Z killed her. I would never forgive myself. I repeat, Maddie Ziegler is dead because of her little sister Mack Z.