Chapter 15

Funneh POV:
Summer came and passed in the blink of an eye. Me, Gold and the boys made lots of memories and had a lot of fun before we have to face our last year of high school and get ready for final exams, then one last summer before we go to college, that is if we decide to go to college. Of course me and Gold talked with Aphmau and the others. Me and Ein talked almost everyday, I enjoyed our calls, tho in last month he hasn't contacted me which worried me. I wonder if something happened. Anyways today is the first day so the schedule is short. Me and Gold are walking to school "Senior year. You're ready Gold?" "I was born ready." we search for our class. Ayano is in our class wearing a school uniform. I'll never get why she likes uniforms but whatever, everyone has their taste in clothes. We find empty seats next to each other "Do you think anything new is gonna happen?" I shrug "We'll have to wait and see." after 5 minutes the teacher appears "Good morning class. Welcome to your first day of the last year of your high school life. I'm proud of everyone who did well the past 3 years and I hope this year you will continue to work hard. Before I talk about what we'll do for the first semester, we got 3 new students. The principal made sure they'll behave as they transferred from Phoenix Drop High where there are not just humans but werewolves, witches/wizards and cat persons too. Come in boys." Gold and I have our jaws dropped as we see the new students "Oh... my... god" yeah I agree with Gold "Are they for real??" the new students are the three werewolf boys: Jax, Ryder and... Ein "Introduce yourselves" "Hi I'm Jax! I like soccer and horror movies." "Hey I'm Ryder. I prefer to watch stand up comedies and action series in my free time." "I"m Ein. I like picnics and to play basketball." "You boys can sit in front or behind the 2 girls." they sit behind us. Me and Gold look at them in pure shock. Ein just smiles at us.

*After class*
"You boys have some explaining to do! How did you end up here?" Gold just took the words out of my mouth. Ein decides to speak "Long story short: as soon as I got in the house after I told you girls farewell, my mom told me we'll move again. What surprised me was that they'll also move." Jax speaks next "I had two brochures of this and that prestigious school. Since Ein said that's your rival school we refused to sign there." then Ryder speaks "So we decides to move to this school. How lucky we got that we're in your class?" I say "Very lucky indeed" Gold had her eyebrow raised "And here you 3 are. Where do you live?" Ein says "In a neighborhood that has a bus station. In 20 minutes we can get to school." I nod as I understand. Gold has an idea "Should we go get some snacks or do you want to meet the boys?" they look at each other. Ryder gets curious of what snacks we got here "Is there a vending machine in school?" I point "In the hall. Follw me boys." I get some coins ready "Let me pay" Jax is in front of the machine "I was about to treat you." "Nah it's fine. Does this have any fruit or salty snacks?" "We know you can't eat chocolate." Ryder wags his tail "Glad you remembered"

Ein POV:
I hear heavy footsteps coming. Heels I'm guessing "Well well well if it isn't blueberry, goldie locks and 3 dogs." I turn my head annoyed "Funneh, are those... the girls you told me about?" "Yep, they were students at V.H." Jax looks at her "Then why are they here? Proving to be the richest girls of this school?" we giggle from the joke "We are indeed the richest girls of Y.H. You are just jealous." I smirk a bit. She got no idea about my background or the boys' "Gold, is the blondie as mean as her or just her dog following around." Ryder whispered to Gold "I think it's the latter." I wouldn't be surprised. I know Ivy and Lily are cousins and as everyone from PDH knows, they are troublemakers. I don't know about Alex, she's always quiet "Funneh and Gold, I need to talk to you guys about something. Follow me outside." Who is that girl? I look at the girls.

Funneh POV:
"That's Evelyn. She's nice." we go see what Evelyn has to say "Actually I got nothing to say. I saw you don't want to deal with them right on the first day. Are you the new werewolf students?" Gold points to each "Jax, Ryder, Ein" I nod "They're from Phoenix Drop" "Ah I see. Anywho I found more clues for Maki's case." "Who's Maki?" I scratch my arm. The atmosphere got thick. I never told Ein about Maki "Umm you don't have to tell us if something bad happened." I sigh "No no. You guys do have a right to know now that you're here." Gold continues "Maki was our friend. Last year her house... burned and she was caught in the fire. Some say she got killed then her house got on fire. We don't know if anyone had a dislike towards her enough to kill her as she was the sweetest girl." the boys have their irises so small from shock "That's... that's horrible! If you claim she was the sweetest who was heartless enough to cut her life short? I didn't expect to know a murder case on the first day." I agree with Ryder. I didn't plan to tell them today or soon, neither Gold did. Ein runs a hand on his hair "What's your name? Are you an investigator?" "Evelyne Wynd and yes I am, for this case." "Funneh, Gold, I'm gonna search for clues too. Maki has to rest in peace and the killer to be put behind bars." "Wow wow wow if you think you'll do that alone, you are wrong Ein. I'll help." "Me too. We are a trio, we go through every single thing together." me and Gold witness their power of friendship as they put their hands together "Boys you don't have to do that." Ein grabs my hand "We want to. No killer should freely run in this world." his silver eyes are shining with determination "Thank you" I find myself hugging him "How about we go see the boys?" "Oh shoot I forgot about that. Let's go guys." we go to our usual spot in the school.