11│RUNNING ON SPITE AND FURY

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘ. ᴘᴀɴ ᴇғғᴇᴄᴛ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ ʀᴜɴɴɪɴɢ ᴏɴ sᴘɪᴛᴇ
& ғᴜʀʏ ꒱

❝ KILL 'EM ❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Deianira's skin still felt like it was sizzling three hours later. With her power of energy manipulation, she was especially susceptible to forces greater than her own. Luckily, there weren't many out there that could affect her strongly; the one that was currently residing in their home was the exception. When Grace had said that God is in the basement, she hadn't been sure what to expect but it certainly hadn't been this.

She'd hidden her reaction to the ball of light from her family; they'd only see her pain as a weakness and would hardly be sympathetic. Sloane would understand— she always had— but there were eyes and ears everywhere in the Academy. The Romani woman convinced herself that it was nothing she couldn't handle and left it at that. There were more important things to think about, after all, such as crushing the Umbrellas.

Almost half an hour before their previously agreed-upon time, the remaining members of the Sparrow Academy geared up to prepare themselves for their next mission. In all honesty, Deianira was surprised that it had taken Ben this long to plan his revenge (normally he'd have attacked within the same day.) A part of her was pleased with his scheming; the Umbrella Academy irked her to no end, especially Drama Queen. It would do them well to knock the opposing so-called heroes off their high horses.

With timed perfection, the seven members of the Sparrow Academy stalked through Hotel Oblivion's glass doors. The Umbrella Academy looked shoddy next to their clean, crisp uniforms and in-sync steps. Deianira smirked at their apprehensive expressions as silence reigned between them. Nearby fans took photos with flashing cameras but both teams were trained to ignore such distractions.

Seven to four, she thought smugly. This will be too easy.

The short man was the first to speak. "Well, thanks for coming."

"Oh, yeah. Super glad to be here," Jayme drawled.

"Where are the rest of you?"

"Are you taking attendance?" the knife man asked derisively. "They'll be here."

Drama Queen looked entirely done with them. "Where's the briefcase?"

"Where's our brother?"

The brunette smirked. "Maybe we should try this again before I lose my temper."

Deianira placed one hand on her hip and relaxed her stance. "Ooh. I feel so threatened," she mocked the other woman. "What are you gonna do next, throw a tantrum if you don't get your way?"

Sloane reached out and put a warning hand on her arm. The Romani woman shook her off, albeit gently. The short man tried to warn his sister to keep her from escalating the situation but Deianira was itching for a fight. Drama Queen seemed to be in the same boat. She met the eighth Hargreeves' eyes evenly. "Oh, you don't want to see me upset, Scarlet Bitch." Then, she dismissed the brunette entirely and addressed Ben: "hand over the briefcase or no deal."

"Yeah. Tiny problem," he replied. "Deal's off."

The tenseness of the moment was broken as a twelve-year-old boy came sprinting down the hallway towards them. He carried a flaming bottle in his hand as he cried out: "Molotov this, bitches!"

Knife man turned around to scold him loudly. "Stanly, not now!"

The boy dropped the bottle in shock, causing fire to erupt as it came into contact with the banner that hung nearby. An alarm blared to life and their audience began to scream as they fled in panic. The boy stared up at the mess he'd caused with wide eyes. "Oh, shit."