8│BEGRUDINGLY SAVING THE WORLD ( AGAIN )

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘ. ᴘᴀɴ ᴇғғᴇᴄᴛ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ ʙᴇɢʀᴜᴅɢɪɴɢʟʏ
sᴀᴠɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ( ᴀɢᴀɪɴ ) ꒱

❝ I THOUGHT YOU
WERE RETIRED ❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

After Klaus' narrow escape from the Amish, he'd dropped yet another bombshell on them: his mother had died before he'd even been born. Even Alexa— who wouldn't claim to be a time-travel expert— knew that that was bad news. Five had slammed the breaks on the car to turn to his brother in shock. Then, they hightailed it back to the hotel to share this finding with their siblings.

While the blonde was remorseful about their lost free time and the new challenges this timeline presented, she was glad to be back with her family. She hadn't seen them since they'd landed in the Sparrow's— their— house. As they entered the bar area, she quickly scanned over them to make sure that there really were no permanent injuries.

"Okay, gather 'round, people," Five announced as they converged together. "Where is-where's every— where's Luther?"

"Haven't seen him," Allison replied dryly.

"Who knows?" Diego added.

As her siblings stood, Alexa made a beeline (first) for Viktor. She wrapped her arms around her brother's small frame and hugged him tightly. He was understandably surprised by the sudden 'attack' from his sister but returned her gesture after a moment. "What's this for?"

She shifted her head so that she could meet his gaze, though they were practically the same height already. "I love you, you know. Five told me about what I missed and I wanted to make sure that you knew."

The short-haired man smiled softly at the girl. "It's good to see you, Lexi. How are you feeling after the fight?"

"Just fine," she lied easily. She ignored Five's sharp glare for her answer. "Have you had any trouble, Vik?"

Her tone had become unusually fierce and she pulled away from him to give her siblings stern looks. Viktor understood what she was asking and he put a reassuring hand on her shoulder. "It's all good, Lexi."

The girl immediately relaxed and sent him a supportive grin. Then, she turned to her self-proclaimed favorite brother and he received the same enthusiastic greeting as Viktor. Luckily, Diego had been expecting it and wrapped his arms around her in response. "I'm glad you're okay, Al. You had us worried there for a second."

"Sorry," she apologized sheepishly as she separated from him. "Did I miss anything on your end? Five only filled me in about our brother."

"Uh. . . yeah. Apparently I have an alleged son." His voice was full of doubt as he pointed to a boy who was playing with a pool stick.

The blonde's eyes widened. "Oh! That means I'm an aunt!" While she'd also been an aunt to Claire, she'd never had a chance to meet Allison's daughter; Diego's son being right in front of her made the relative title so much more real.

"I guess," he allowed reluctantly. "Though Lila never showed me any proof. She just up and left."

Allison looked up from her drink to take in her sister's happy expression. She hid her eye-roll at how dumb blonde and easily appeased their Number Eight could be. Instead of voicing her thoughts, she set her glass down with rather unnecessary force. "What? No welcome-back hug for your favorite sister?"

Alexa's bright smile faltered slightly in the face of the other woman's sardonic tone. She hesitated uneasily for several awkward seconds before Five swooped in and saved her: "we got bigger problems to worry about right now."