III│INTERLUDE III: WHEN FIVE HELPED ALEXA

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘ. ᴘᴀɴ ᴇғғᴇᴄᴛ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐋𝐔𝐃𝐄 𝐈𝐈𝐈 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ᴡʜᴇɴ ғɪᴠᴇ ʜᴇʟᴘᴇᴅ
ᴀʟᴇxᴀ꒱

❝ WHY DO YOU ALWAYS GET
THE LAST WORD IN?

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

The drive back to Hotel Oblivion was tense, at least for Alexa. All around them, bits of the road drifted up to the Kugelblitz that now hung in the sky. Reginald seemed entirely confident that they'd make it back but she couldn't tear her gaze away from the window. The only thought on her mind was: what if I spent the last few hours of my life with dad? The idea was so horrific that she was almost convinced that it wouldn't— couldn't— happen.

Thankfully, they did indeed arrive at the hotel without difficulty. Reginald made a beeline for the receptionist, Chet, where the two Hargreeves siblings learned that their father was the one who owned the hotel. Alexa was far less concerned with this fact than she should've been, but she was too preoccupied with wanting to reunite with the rest of their family. Their father was straight to the point as usual and didn't let Klaus' questions delay them long; soon enough, they had mounted the stairs to the second level where the rest of their family was waiting.

"Dad?" Ben asked. (Alexa had hardly seen him at all in this timeline so she was still getting used to his presence. It was more than a little surreal, to say the least.)

Allison stood from her seat with surprise. "Klaus."

"Hey!" the long-haired man greeted her.

Before Alexa could locate her boyfriend, an unexpected weight crashed into her. Two long arms wrapped themselves around her waist to pull her closer and she only squirmed in protest for a minute before Five's familiar voice registered in her ears. "Lexa. Thank god. I thought you'd been blitzed."

The blonde relaxed into the boy's grasp and buried her face against the comforting feeling of his blazer. She let all of the stress from the day melt away from her shoulders as she took solace in his presence. At his words, she shifted her head to grin up at him. "The world can't get rid of me that easy."

He met her gaze with eyes full of love. (For even if he couldn't say the sentiment, he certainly still felt it for the girl.) "I'm glad to hear it."

As their father called for them to gather around, Alexa hesitated for a moment before she added: "um. . . when you have a minute, could you help me with something?"

Five— albeit reluctantly— released the girl and raised an inquisitive eyebrow at her. "Help with what?"

She crossed her arms with irritation. "Not like that, you horny old man. I just. . . I'll tell you later, okay?"

☂︎ ☂︎ ☂︎

Later turned out to be the fifty minutes between Reginald's unwelcome 'mission speech' and Viktor's coming out party that Luther had planned. After the party would be Sloane and Deianira's wedding (no one was particularly thrilled about this announcement except for Klaus.) To make the most of the short amount of time that they had, Five blinked Alexa to one of the (now many) empty rooms of the hotel. There, they sat next to each other at the foot of the bed.

Five turned slightly to face her and reached for her hand so he could intertwine their fingers together. "Are you gonna tell me where you were today?"

She took a deep breath. "Yeah. So. . . the reason why I ditched you for Klaus was because he said that he knew someone who could help me get my powers back on track."