Part 5

Sheriff stood up, pinning Dr.Jan's throat to the floor using his foot.

Sheriff) I hope you rot in hell you motherfucker.

Sheriff spat on Dr.Jan, kicking his jaw. He walked back inside the room and carefully picked Skittles back up. When he walked out, Dr.Jan was gone. He ascended down the hall out through the door. When he stepped out, he secured Skittles in his arms, slipping his phone out from his pocket, trying not to drop it as he dialed a number. 

Sheriff) Finally. You picked up.

?) Yes. Sorry Sheriff. What is it you need?

Sheriff grunted.

Sheriff) You need to kill a doctor that works at the hospital.

?) What hospital sir-

Sheriff) The only fucking one near you.

The agent on the other line seemed to put the phone down for a second.

?) You seem in a bad mood sir.

Sheriff) Thanks to that fucking doctor.

?) I understand, sir. Does the target have a name?

Sheriff) Dr.. Dr.Jam.? Dr.Jay.. Dr.Jan.. Dr.Jan. His name is Dr.Jan. Says so on his fuckin' coat..

The call went quiet for a moment.

?) Alright. Do you have a description of Dr.Jan? In case their coat gets removed for any purpose?

Sheriff remained quiet for a moment.

Sheriff) Shit.

?) What's wrong sir?

Sheriff) I have to fucking discribe his shitty appearance?

?) Uhm.. Y-yes sir.

Sheriff grumbled. He shifted Skittles in his arms.

Sheriff) Well. He's a damn doctor. He's got messy fucking curly blonde hair. His eyes are a shit brown. He's got a squeaky ass voice. And that bitch is probably in the A.A.H.W.

?) Sir.. Did you.. never mind. 

The call went silent. Again. The agent on the other line seemed to be talking with someone else.

?) Okay. We will be there in a bit.

Sheriff looked at the time on his phone.

Sheriff) Be here a quarter past 10?

?) Affirmative.

Sheriff) Alright. See you guys later.

Sheriff hung up. He put his now-bloody phone back in his pocket. Sheriffs hands were soaked with Skittles' blood.

Sheriff) Fuck. You look worse than when I first brought you here.. Am I just bad luck for you.?

***

Sheriff) WHAT THE FUCK?!

Sheriff was yelling, looking down at his phone. It had been an hour since he called that agent. He tried calling for the past 30 minutes—but, continuously, nobody answered. He almost considered smashing his phone into the ground from rage. He slid down the side of the hospital wall. A tear rolled down his face. Sheriff tried not to cry. No leader should cry. Well, he wasn't much of a leader now, was he.?

Sheriff) Shit.

Sheriff rested his head on Skittles, not knowing what to do. He felt lost. He lifted his head up when a strong iron-y smell struck him. Skittles' blood slowly dripped down the side of his face, staining the ground crimson beneath them.

Sheriff) I don't need anyone's help.. I still have you Skitz.. right..?

Sheriff untied the rope from around Skittles' neck. He gently carried him to the bed of his truck, where Sheriff had opened the tailgate, gently setting Skittles down on top. He opened the front door of his truck, taking out the extra clothes that he kept under the seat—although, not for the purpose of emergencies like this. Sheriff quickly wrapped the clothes around Skittles after he ripped them up into long, thick, strips of cloth; trying to stop anymore blood from escaping his body.

Sheriff brought Skittles inside the truck, putting him in a rather comfortable seated position. Sheriff yawned, knowing he wouldn't be able to fall asleep. He took off his hat, throwing it on the dashboard. He began ruffling his dark, fluffy hair. He held his own hand, fidgeting with his fingers. Wondering why he longed for it to be Happy's hand. He wup until the sun peaked up through the barren red sky-line, once more.