Flashback: The Blip

Start from the beginning

"Buckle up," she said, and he quickly responded by pulling the strap over himself and pushing it in with a click. And she pulled forward the plane accelerating faster every second before she pulled up and they flew with ease.

"You a pilot?" He asked as he looked out the window and then back to the girl.

"No, I am a trained assassin, Red widow," she said shortly.

"Nice cool" He nodded impressed not phased at the fact her job was killing people.

The rest of the ride was peaceful and quiet, with only a few short conversations here and there. She learnt his name was Harley Keener and was a pretty smart guy, but she had no interest whatsoever. He told her about his girlfriend and that he was here on a small trip when everyone disappeared he said he stumbled upon the facility for shelter but then couldn't find his way out and started to panic.

A continuous alert woke Harley up, Vera looked over at the dash to see the gas was empty. Vera remained calm and found a set of flat terrain getting closer and closer to the ground Harley began to scream in panic covering his eyes. But was surprised when the plane landed with a soft landing he looked over at Vera.

"Did you doubt my aviation skills?" The Russian asked as a joke watching Harley stumble over his words.

"Uh-uh, no-no so where are we?" He quickly changed the subject looking out to try an identity where they were.

"We Harley, are in the ol' US OF A" He laughed at her terrible America joke.

*****

Vera finally made it. The Avengers Compound where she was told her sister was and hoped she was still alive and could help her adjust to normal life. No fighting no running from things, no targets on her back.

She was very tired, after the landing Harley and herself set up camp for the night sleeping in the uncomfortable chairs. Early the next morning they sent out trying to get out of the bush, they eventually made it out finding that they were right near the hero's compound.

Harley had found a car and just stole it, stating that he knew the owner and said it was fine he thanked Vera for her help before he drifted off leaving skid marks on the polished concrete. Vera stood against the large window panes bringing her hands up to see inside. She didn't see a door anywhere so made the logical decision.

Kick the window until it breaks.

It only took a few strong kicks to break a section big enough for her to fit in, she jumped headfirst into the building rolling to stand up. It was very quiet just like the red room had been, she wondered if everyone here to disappeared.

The blonde walked around for a while looking in many rooms finding no one until she walked into a very large training room. She stared in pain, her chest tightened, and her throat closed up, she couldn't be in here not when she had just escaped her training room.

She went to walk out but she bumped into something or rather someone, she looked up to see a tall built man, with blonde hair and blue eyes. He looked confused at the woman as she quickly went into fighting formation.

He walked closer to her, and she kicked at him, but he quickly caught it she was left bewildered. Vera brought her other leg up kicking his face as she twisted and freed her leg watching him touch his face.