// ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 5 //

"The house is in danger!"

Mirabel's words left everyone in shock, they stared at each other, mumbling about what she had just said. Mirabel was the center of attention (for once), and was in the middle of the circle of people, stance frightened and agitated.

Alma forced her way through the crowd and grabbed her hands close to her chest, she spoke sternly, "Show me." The senior rushed out of the room, and everyone was still shocked, yet the atmosphere was now not as tense.

Camilo was still standing beside (f/n), jaw slack. He stood in silence and didn't crack a joke like he usually would. Just stood quietly.

(F/n) scooted back into a corner awkwardly, and slid down the wall, soda still in hand.

'I knew it was going to be a bad idea, coming here. I'm not welcome in here in the first place and now there's some huge issue with Casita.' They thought, taking a sip of their drink.

They were left alone, again, with only their thoughts to accompany them. 'I'm sure nothing's wrong with Casita, after all, what could've happened in the first place?' They thought, shrugging their shoulders. Head against the wall, they looked around once more. People began to spill out of the room, clearly wanting to see what was holding everything up.

(F/n) decided to also see what was happening and slid through, earning a couple of scoffs from the rest. The sight hadn't surprised them, to say the least. The house was intact, untouched, with not a single crack or rupture visible. Mirabel was stuttering her words out, "B..But they were here.." she looked around Casita, dumbfounded, " T-they were here! I swear! The cracks-"

Isabella scoffed next to (f/n), rolling her eyes in disgust. (F/n) whispered, only loud enough for Isabella to hear,
"Hey! Don't act that way towards your sister, she might be right, for all we know."
She turned to face the (h/c)-haired youth, flipping her hair in the process.
"Don't tell me how to act towards people, especially when you're.." she paused and gestured towards them, "you.."
They scowled at Isabella, trying their hardest to hide their fury.
"Don't think I don't remember what happened the last time you came here, the way you snapped, the reason why you're no longer allowed anywhere near us." She gave a snarky smirk, "You're lucky the whole family wasn't here when it happened, otherwise there's no way you'd be welcome here. Camilo and Antonio insisted that you come since they wanted everyone to be able to see the gift ceremony, but if they had known the things you said.."

(F/n) huffed, "Whatever. I don't regret a single thing I said." They crossed their arms, leaning so close to her face, they almost towered over her.
"Ugh." Isabella turned on her heel,  shimmying away to a distant corner.

Memories from that day flashed in (f/n)'s mind. It had only been a couple of weeks ago, the incident, and they could remember every little thing that happened, but decided to push it back into the back of their mind. Looking back towards Mirabel, they saw her in her nervous, shocked state. Her movements were cut off, as if she was stuttering with each gesture.

Alma said something about the drinks being strong - they didn't know, they were just focusing on Mirabel nearly breaking down. People began to file back into Antonio's room, but (f/n) made their way to Mirabel.

They placed a hand on her shoulder, patting it gently.

 "Let's get outta here, how about we sneak out and go to our spot? You know, the one under the orchard?" 

"Thanks, (n/n), but I think I'm going to stay with my mom for the rest of the night."

(F/n) chose not to retaliate and just walked back into Antonio's room, still a bit worried about Mirabel. They took another sip of their drink as Camilo approached them once more, scratching the back of his neck while doing so.

"Jeez, that moment was totally ruined." Giving a sheepish smile, he stood beside them, slightly leaning against the wall, "How about we continue where we left off?"

They launched into a conversation once more, mostly (f/n) asking Camilo about his gift and requesting for him to turn into different people. He did as he was told, and even turned into the person before him.

"Wow! You look exactly like me!" They gasped, astonished by the boy's skills.

"Well, it was difficult, for sure. Capturing all of your beauty was challenging..", he winked at them, earning a giggle in return.

They kept talking about the family, and about their stories until a tiny hand tugged at (f/n)'s clothes,

Word count : 761

//haha back at it again with another chapter//

//oh god pls don't kill me for coming out with this so late//

//also if any of y'all like be more chill, I'm gunna make a Jeremy x reader cuz dorky wintergreen tic tac boy has got me simping for him//