// ᴘʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ //

"It's alright mama, I'm just going to meet the new person who moved in."

Mirabel waved her mother goodbye, her other hand placed on the doorknob. She smiled and pushed her lime-green glasses up, leaving the Madrigal house with an 'adios casita'. Right after she stepped out the doors, it shut behind her. She jogged, espadrilles making a thud with each peppy step and behind her, the window waved her goodbye.

Her hands shifted to grab the bag that was slung over her shoulder, her brown curls swaying with the breeze. The sun was out in a cloudless sky, and rays beat down onto her frame while familiar faces passed with a smile.

"Hi Mirabel!"

"Hello, Mirabel."

"Good morning, Mirabel!"

Mirabel shared the positive remarks back to her neighbors, all with her signature smile. Her lips met to hum a happy melody, one that she always sang to her younger cousins.

Houses were flourishing with splendid flowers, courtesy of 'señorita perfecta Isabela', ones of all colors, red, orange, pink, and others that couldn't be described with simple words. People were playing teja out on the streets, making a 'boom' that Dolores would certainly be able to hear, even from her room back in the house. There were food stands, some of arepas which were stuffed with cheese or other assorted foods, others were selling all types of empanadas (although the main focus was on the beef and potato ones) and there was the famous paisa platter stand. Mirabel loved eating there, although the dishes there weren't for the faint-hearted.

She walked along the food stands until her eyes locked with someone else's.

Someone..new.

Their (e/c) eyes clashed with hers, and Mirabel rushed to the newly set-up buñuelo stand. The savory smell filled her senses, whilst the warmth from the cooking station also didn't go unnoticed by her. Mirabel flashed a friendly smile, "Hey! You must be new here, the whole town's been talking about you!", she exclaimed.

The (h/c) haired vendor smiled back warmly, "Oh really? Wow, didn't expect to be a big deal around here. Especially before I even moved in." They dunked some buñuelos in oil, making it crackle and rise back up to the top.

"Can't blame them, it's been a while since anyone new came here." The Madrigal was practically drooling at the sight of the freshly cooked cheese fritters. The other took notice of this and placed a few onto a small platter, handing it to her with a cocky grin. Mirabel eagerly snatched them and wolfed them down hungrily, savoring it and sighing in pure joy.

"These are amazing, my family would love them." She reached into her small bag to pick out a couple of pesos. Before she could hand them out to the other, they had already set up a box with 12 buñuelos de queso. Mirabel handed out the coins, but they just shook their hand in dismissal.

"Oh please, it's on the house, Miss.."

"Mirabel! Just call me Mirabel!" She smiled and shoved the handful back into her bag. A look of confusion crossed her face, "And what should I call you?"

"(L/n). (F/n) (L/n)."

Word count: 523

//WHOOO BABY, one thing done. This is a Camilo x reader, in case you couldn't tell. I hope you guys enjoyed this, I'll try to update as consistently as I can.//