Chapter 12

"Gosh Hermione, we went over this many times," you complained, yawning after glancing at the yellow sky. The sun has barely gone up and the four of you have been up for hours. You were leaning on your headrest, your legs stretched ahead of you; Harry was sitting on the floor next to your bed, resting the back of his head on your comforter; Ron was sitting crisscrossed a couple of feet away from you; Hermione was leaning on the edge of your bed, her frown scarring you until you could see it even when you closed your eyes.

"Y/n, do you know how important it is to perfect this?" Hermione recited, her shirt sliding down her shoulder as she let her arms fall on her sides. Ron glanced at her exposed shoulder and he turned red. He reached out to her and fixed it for her while she kept talking. "If we even get suspicious..." Hermione stopped ranting when Ron touched her shoulder.

You snickered, making a mental note to tease both of them about it later. "I know, I know. But we got the plan practically memorized like the spells from Hogwarts."

Harry closed his eyes, his inhale shaky. "Y/n, your wand. You don't have it."

Alarm washed over you and suddenly all the cells in your body were evacuating their positions. Your heart raced and sweat clung to your palms for dear life. "Oh no... no, no, no. What're we going to do now? Those idiots at the coffee shop probably have it!"

Ron scratched his head and looked at Hermione. "You don't happen to have an extra wand in your purse, do you Mione?"

Harry turned his head to her direction, and from where you were, you saw how his neck flexed. He was wearing a sleeve-less shirt, with a wide opening on his neck. It exposed his collarbones and how defined his arms have gotten. You suddenly remembered when you became Harry: his defined stomach and body that made your head spin when you first looked at it. You gulped, instantly needing air.

Hermione nodded glumly. "I do, actually," she walked away from the bed and made her way towards the door, "you are lucky that I kept the wand Ron broke third year and fixed it myself."

Ron's eyes widened. "She kept it?" He smiled. "I thought I lost it and I felt horrible when I had to tell Charlie I didn't have his old wand... I can't believe she kept it."

Harry chuckled, getting up from the floor in a brisk motion. When he turned to face the two of you, he fixed his messy hair. You had to look away because you were so entranced by how he moved that you were certain he'll catch you staring. Again.

"Ron, you know how Hermione is," he said. "She always wants to have the last word just to show how brilliant she is."

Ron was so happy that you could feel how overcome with joy he is. "Still, Harry, she kept it."

"That's a good sign, Ron," you commented, playfully wigging your eyebrows at him. "She remembers the small details about you."

Ron rolled his eyes. "Shove off, Y/n," he replied, shoving you slightly with his foot.

You laughed. "Come on, I am just bluffing." You tucked your hair behind your ears, not caring at this instant how messy it must look. "Have you told her anything about your fancy to her?"

Harry raised his dark eyebrows at Ron. "Ron? Tell Hermione? It would be better if you told him to tell Mrs. Weasley he does not like the jumper he gets every Christmas."

You fake gasped, making Harry snicker. "No way, is it that bad Ron?"

"Stop it you two," Ron mumbled, his face all splotchy from blushing too much. "And no, I have not. I just don't think it is the right time and all. Besides, I'm sure she still keeps in touch with Krum." The light-hearted atmosphere thickened as Ron's bright face turned dark.