Making deals with the devil pt 2

Start from the beginning

She was excited to have her extra sour cream on the side knowing her obsession with sour cream with anything that was taco related. She smiled as she took the first bite from the chip itself. Kai had noticed how tiny she ate compared to him. He stared how her eyes almost glisten in the dim light radiating from the bar. Sage had felt someone starting again, and she knew it was Kai. But she couldn't help but almost smile at the fact that he was indeed a lost puppy.

"Your like a lost puppy."  Sage sipped on her Pina Colada and taking another bite from her plate of nachos.

"A puppy?"

"What else would you be classified as?" Sage remarked back. She had fully turned the bar stool now and was facing him. It felt weird going on a date, she usually doesn't do the entire 'date scene' it wasn't her, but she had to do it for Bonnie's safety. Bonnie was the first witch that helped Sage control her dark magic.

While they had finished up the burger and the plate of nachos, Kai insisted that they had ice cream. Sage not to keen on ice cream said no, but Kai didn't register NO into is vocabulary. They had stopped at the local Mystic Treats. Walking in she noticed that it was empty on a Wednesday day night.

Sage had looked onwards towards the flavor ice cream that they had and had settled for Resees Cups Vanilla ice cream. Kai on the other hand had settled for double cross roads chocolate. He took out his wallet, paying for the two cones that they had gotten.

The brisk Mystic Falls weather was calm that night. Sage licked her ice cream, smiling at how good ice cream really was, she tasted the soft peanut butter cups as it melted in her mouth. She couldn't be any happier. They had sat down on a nearby bench to finish off whatever was left on their cone. Sage accidently got a smidge of Ice cream on her cheek, she went to wipe it but Kai grabbed her hand.

"I got it." He licked his finger, rubbing it towards her cheek getting the stickiness of the ice cream away.

"Umm... Thanks." Sage said awkwardly, she looked across the street towards the grill and the ice cream parlor. Sage refused to make eye contact with Kai after what just happened. There was a nice silence between the witch and the warlock.

"I have spent the last 18 years alone, until Damon and your friend Bonnie came along. They were fun to mess around with, they didn't even see me coming." Kai smirked remembering the memories that occurred on the repeating cycle of May 10 of 1994.

"Its my job to mess with Damon,  but let me tell you something, you don't mess with my best friend Bonnie, if that ever happens again..... I will make sure you are sent back to 1994 even if it kills me."

"Now sweetcheeks that threat wasn't very sweet. Now was it?""

"What is wrong with you?"

"I am a sociopath who has emotions. And I have to much magic."

Sage's phone rang, she dug into her bag searching for her phone. Finally she found it, noticing that Damon was calling, she answered slowly.

"What?"

"I think you should come to the house, someone is here to see you."

Sage's heart dropped by the tone of his voice, she didn't know how to even comprehend what just

"um. Kai, something came up, and Damon sounded worried, I don't know if that even a way to classify how his tone voice was. Ill text you later. Thanks again."

She was about to take off running until Kai's hand grabbed her hand pulling her back, flushing her body towards his. She suppressed a gasp not expecting what had happen to happen. He grabbed her chin, making her look up towards him. He leaned down lightly kissing the corner of her mouth then disappearing.

***

Sage had managed to teleport herself to the Salvatore boarding house. She hurried in towards the front door. Feeling an oddly familiar presence, she walked into the parlor, Damon turned around smiling brightly. Sage thought he was either to drunk to even function or he found her stash of weed. And she prayed he didn't found it.

"What the hell is your problem?" Sage sneered at the raven haired Salvatore.

"Look behind you."

"Damon I swear—"

"Just turn around Bradley."

Sage turned around noticing her best friend. Her heart stopped momentarily, she was breathing irregularly.

"I'm home Sage."

Sage ran over towards the witch attacking her in a hug. Sage wasn't a person to show her emotions, but today was the only acceptation. Sage cried the last 4 months without her best friend had been a nightmare.

"I'm home Sage, there is nothing to worry about."