Chapter 16 : Reconcile

Start from the beginning

"I..I.." He stuttered to reply but Ahreum interrupted him.

"I'll give you space to yourself but please be back in the dorm later. Listen. If you are feeling troubled, do not hesitate to tell me. I may not understand, but I'll always be there for you and the boys," a weak smile was then flashed to the teary-eyed boy before she leaves the house.

As soon as she closes the door to the house, Ahreum let out a shaky breath and places her hand on her chest.

"Why-why did I hug him?!" The strong and "motivational" manager immediately blushes and freaks out when she realizes what she did to Hanbin.

"Song Ahreum, you are seriously out of your mind!" She exclaimed to herself as she leaves the building.

Ahreum had no idea that Hanbin has been listening to her from the other side of the door, and a weak smile appears on his face when he thinks back on the hug that she gave him.

"Thanks, Potato manager," he whispers to himself as he walks back to his room.

~

"OMG HYUNGGGG!~~"

A loud shout was heard when B.I. steps into the dorm.

A wild Chanwoo appeared out of nowhere and latched onto B.I's legs like a koala bear. Bobby came running to him afterwards and back hugs his leader, complaining on how he missed him and such.

"I was only gone for a few hours and look, you guys turned into a mentally-illed gorillas," B.I chuckles as he tries to walk by dragging his feet, as Chanwoo is still hugging his leg tightly and has no intention if letting him go. (the rise of the possessive maknae >.

On his way to the living room, the leader got greeted by each one of the members, each of them saying how they missed him. Junhoe gives him a nod instead, in which he returns back with another nod.

"PPAK!" B.I groaned in pain and glared at Jinhwan.

"HYUNG WHY DID YOU HIT ME WITH THAT THICK ASS DICKTIONARY?!"

"- AND WHY THE HELL DO WE EVEN HAVE A DICKTIONARY IN THE DORM? TO IMPROVE OUR VOCABULARY IN THE RAPS FOR OUR SONG?!" Hanbin shouted at the eldest while rubbing his injured head.

"YOU FRICKING BRAT-YOU WERE MISSING AND NOW YOU ARE SHOUTING AT ME?! YOU UNGRATEFUL PIECE OF POOP! I WAS WORRIED ABOUT YOU AND NOW YOU COME HOME AND MAKE A SCENE JUST BECAUSE OF A DICTIONARY? YOU ARE SO DEAD- YAH! DON'T FRICKING RUN AWAY FROM ME YOU USELESS BUM!" The elder shouted back

The dorm became a playground of 17- 19 year olds who are chasing each other and shouting incoherent words and sentences. Ahreum was laughing in the kitchen as she was stirring the soup that she made. She was glad that everything's back to normal now, from seeing how B.I is still laughing after getting hit multiple times by Jinhwan. (he was slow because Chanwoo was still latching on his leg, giggling like a high school girl)

"Dinner's ready!" Ahreum had to shout out for the boys to get their attention.

Upon hearing and smelling the presence of food, they stopped playing and begin to eat their dinner together, a thing that they had not managed to do due to their busy schedules. B.I keeps on stealing glances at his manager but quickly looks away and blushes when his gaze met hers'.

"Where's Rina noona?" Jinhyeong voices out.

"I saw her leaving with the trash bags just now," Yunhyeong replied.

Ahreum remembered about the other manager and starts to worry about her. She finishes her food and leaves the dorm to find Rina. She walked around the building, searching every nook and crook for that devil manager.

'Maybe she went back home already.' Ahreum thoughts to herself and got back into the elevator.

"Oh? There is a rooftop access here?" She exclaimed in amusement and pressed on the 17th floor, the rooftop.

(because i am too mainstream so a rooftop must always be an important venue >.

When she arrived there, a gentle blow of the wind makes her sigh in satisfaction. She makes her way to the center of the rooftop, marveling at the beautiful view of the cities and buildings at night.

"It's nice isn't it?"

Ahreum shrieked and jumped when she heard a voice behind her. She turn her head so fast that she's surprised that she haven't broke her neck yet.

Rina appears behind her, hugging her own arms even though she is wearing a jacket.

"You know, I'm impressed, Ahreum," Ahreum raised her eyebrows in confusion when she heard that sentence.

"You managed to handle today's situation with ease and put up with my behavior. I am very impressed," Rina glances at the younger.

"What do you mean?" Ahreum asked back slowly, not grasping where this conversation is heading.

"You know Ahreum, sometimes you are so dense that it can hurt someone else," Rina said.

'Oh? That's just like what Hanbin told me just now.' Ahreum thoughts.

"I was sent here to test your abilities,"

"W-what?"

"All those harsh thing that I did was to see how you manage with the me," Rina said, this time facing the younger

Ahreum was confuses but finally grasped the situation.

"Ah, so you were sent by the CEO to monitor me?" she finally voiced out after thinking for a moment. Rina nods and smiles at her junior.

"You are a good person, Ahreum. The way I see how you play with the members and interact with them makes me feel you are meant for this job," Rina complimented her.

Ahreum awkwardly rubs her nape with her hand, feeling flustered hearing compliments coming from the usually mean Rina. After sharing a small conversation, they both stood in a comfortable silence, looking in awe at the wonderful view from the rooftop. The only feeling between both of the girls is peacefulness. After spending quite a time at the rooftop, both of them decided to leave as it was getting colder every second.

"Let's go, Reummie!" Rina exclaimed and place her hands on the smaller's shoulders, dragging her out of the rooftop. Both girls laughed as they shared another heartful conversation and tease each other now and then.

~

They entered the dorm laughing out loud, from a joke that Rina told. Their presence was noticed by the boys who were playing with each other.

"Heol! Are you two friends now?" Bobby asked when he sees the usually bad tempered and cold manager, laughing and having a great time of her life with Ahreum.

"Yup! In fact, we are best friends now!" Ahreum answered back, earning a nod from Rina.

The boys could not help but gape at the two girls.

'HOW THE HELL DID THAT HAPPENED' they thought in their heads, for they knew that Ahreum and Rina never get along well.

"So... I'm guessing no more harsh treatments in the morning?" Donghyuk said, hoping for the best.

"Hell no. You can expect a kinder me but don't even think of having nice treatments in the morning," Rina retorted back earning a disgruntled groan from the boys

Oh boy, maybe Rina has not completely melted yet.

~