CHAPTER 3

MY DAY usually starts at 7am but today ang aga ko nagising because I promised that i'll watch my friend's practice. Truth be told, kaya lang naman ako manonood is for the treat na I'm sure matutuloy because it is impossible that Sean can't miss to his every shot, right?

I chuckled to myself and went down to eat. Pagpasok ko sa kitchen ay nagluluto na si Dad.

"Good morning, Daddy." I greet him.

He looked at me and immediately smiled. "Morning baby, you're early."

"Yeah, I made a promise to watch."

"Watch, what?"

"Practice." I grinned at natawa si Dad.

"What kinda practice are you gonna watch for you to wake up so early, hmm?"

"Basketball practice, Dad."

"A basketball practice.." Tumango-tango pa siya and he chuckled.

Napailing nalang ako and settle my self on one of the seat just exactly mom came in.

"Good morning my love." She smiled.

Gorgeous.

"I'll go to school early to watch a practice game." Agad kong sabi nang makita kong magsasalita si Dad.

I already know he's going to tease me.

They laughed and mom looked at me while grinning widely.

"Really? You should start watching every ball game so you'll wake up early, sweetie."

"Mom!" I rolled my eyes.

"Come to think of it..." Dad began showing his grin, meaning he's in the mood to annoy me!

"What?" Simangot kong tanong.

"Watching a ball game makes you wake up early and get your things done quickly.."

"What quickly? I haven't even had a shower and a breakfast, Daddy. Unfortunately, you're making me late." Pabirong maarteng sagot ko.

We both laughed at the end and mom started preparing our food at our table.

I silently eat my breakfast while thinking of what will happen later. I was never interested in ball games but I do watch them only when they're in competition, of course, I am the muse. I heard they're good, I witnessed how they play in competitions, Hearsays says they are great even in practice and so I will watch them to see if it's true or it was just exaggerated because a lot of girls have a crush on the players.

"I'm done." I smiled at my parents and excuse myself para makapag ayos na.

My parents lets me explore and I love how they are supportive to my choices. They don't tell me what to do but they do warn me of the possible consequences of my what I'm doing. They don't nag at me when I'm wrong but they do lecture me in private at sinasabi nila sakin ang mga bagay kung saan ako nagkamali although I am aware kung ano ang mga ginagawa ko.

While in the bathroom, nonsense things cross my mind.

Zevi is reluctant to talk towards Sean.

Ady being fishy against Steve.

And Levin being silly but always occupied.

Dale's creepiness didn't go unnoticed. He, of all people, has the guts to bluntly tell me stupidities.

And Sean, who happened to be invisible in the eyes of my cousin.

I have been friends with him since we were a kid, we grew up together, know our ups and downs, weakness and strength yet I feel like mayroong kulang.