SIMULA

"DON'T you have plans on going back there, Florence?"

I looked at my cousin and chuckled. She has been trying to convince me to go back but I really don't have plans yet.

"I do have a plan but it's still early."

She rolled her eyes. "Hindi mo ba namimiss?"

"Duhh! why would I miss him?"

"I was not pertaining to a person but its weather."

I scoffed. Napailing nalang ako at bumalik sa kwarto ng grandmom ko. I've been taking care of my grandma because she's sick and weak. We had to stay here to look after her and it's really fine with me pero binigyan na din naman kami ng go signal to get back on our life outside this country yet we refuse to do that.

Our grandmother was the one who took care of me when I was sent here for some important family matters. I used to be by her side every minute of everyday.

"Wait! what are you doing?" I asked the nurse.

"It's time for her medicine, Miss." She said that in a German accent.

"Aww okay. Please be careful.."

She smiled at me kaya lumabas na ako only to see my cousin grinning on me.

"What's up?"

"We'll have a few months to stay here."

"So what? As if I'm gonna leave."

"Sure thing. You know very well that you can't refuse the go signal whenever you want."

I scoffed at sumalampak sa sofa at pumikit. I know that I still have to go back because I am enrolled in the Philippines. Third year and holding the title of the Face of the Yi International School since first year. Lumaban na ako sa iba't ibang schools and I won. I am one of the school's pride.

"Coffee and Bienenstich for you, Florence." 

I opened my eyes and looked at my cousin who's holding a kape and a cake.

"From who?" Takang tanong ko.

She shrugged. "I don't know. Our guard gave me these and told me it's for you."

"Thanks." I smiled and took the coffee and cake. "Kape at cake. Parang 'di ko pa man natitikaman sumasakit na ang tiyan ko." I added at sabay kaming natawa.

"Do you have any idea to whom it was from?"

"Nah. Stuffs like these do not surprise me anymore dear cousin.."

"Whatever, Florence."

"Are you ready to go home? Nervous?" I asked about changing the topic.

"Not excited but not nervous too. Just a normal feeling." She smiled.

Natawa nalang ako nang kuhanin niya ang cake at kainin. It has been a long time since she last went to the Philippines. She spent her school year in Italy while my other cousin and I spent ours in the Philippines.

"Aren't we gonna arrange our things?"

Here we go again. My cousin Ady seems very excited to come home.

"What's with the excitement, Ady?" Takang tanong ko.

"Just wanna come home because steve will be in our school! Gooosh!" Ady screams at talaga namang ang lakas ng tawa ko.

Steve has been her longtime crush. There's nothing wrong with Steve but I don't really like him for Ady. He seems off for me.

"Who is he?" Zevi asked clueless.