16.

Nolani Luna
Long Beach, CA

"The hood does get packed," Kayla stated as we approached the spot where India and they were.

"It does, and it's worth risking your life to be on this side of town," I answered, as India raced up to me and hugged me as if she have not seen me in a long time.

"Thank goodness you arrived, girlll. It's easy to become bored being with the boys "I couldn't help but laugh when India said it.

"This is my cousin India," I said to Kayla, India shakes her hand because she doesn't hug unless she's close to you.

"Hey, my name is Kayla," Kayla said with a smile.

"likewise, come meet the rest of the crew," India said leading us the way

We were more aware of how crowded it was as we got closer. A topless female was dancing on top of a car as if it were a strip club.

"You see the girl," Kayla says, pointing to the female.

"Don't point at anyone, especially since you're new. They'll believe you're using an opp or something "Kayla nodded in agreement with India's statement.

"Lani" Chris yelled out hugging me "You must be..."

"Kayla," she said, smiling.

As we approached Rakim and Elijah, he remarked, "I'm Chris, this bald-headed girl's brother" pointing to India  "and Lani's cousin."

Kayla was introduced to the rest of the group, and she quickly became at ease in our company. I was drinking with Jewel, who arrived after us, as Kayla smoked a joint with India on the side.

"Go, Chris," they yelled as Chris danced battle with some boy. I couldn't stop laughing at his facial expressions, and when Chris moonwalked, everyone went crazy.

Chris shook the boy's hand and said, "You did good kid."

"You cousin it's a good dancer," Kayla observed as she stood next to me, a drink in her hand and her shades on.

"Ever since he was born, he's been dancing"

Someone tapped my shoulder as we returned to where the boys were. When I looked up, I saw Elijah's face.

"Wassup," I answered, smiling.

"You never responded to my text, when are you going to let me take you out?" He spoke to me in hushed tones.

"I'm not sure," I shrugged, and he just laughed.

"I'll give you some time to think about it, but don't make me wait too long," he murmured, his gaze falling on my face.

He nodded and said, "I'll just let you take me out next weekend."

"Saturday?" he said, and I replied with a nod.

"That sounds nice," I said with a smile.

"what y'all doing over there talking so secretive" Rakim raised his voice, his gaze focused on us.

With a chuckle, Elijah added, "I can't chat it up with Lani."

Rakim looked at us and answered, "Not with my little cousin."

"Leave them alone," India said sparkling another blunt

"India, mind your own business," Rakim told her, "and pass the blunt."

"I'll tell you the time," Elijah remarked, as they started playing my song.

"Our song," Jewel whispered as she pulled me away from Elijah and toward Kayla, who was already dancing.

"To the window (to the window), to the wall (to the wall)
'Til the sweat drop down my balls (my balls)
'Til all these bitches crawl"

We had just started dancing when it began to rain, but that didn't stop us from continuing to party; I looked around and saw everyone dancing in the rain, and we simply kept having a good time.

"Stop then wiggle with it," Kayla said to India twerking

"This is what it looks like to have a good time." Kayla smiled as she wrapped her arm around my shoulder spinning me around.

~~~~~~~~~~~

🦋Comment & Vote🦋