Chapter 9 Amulets and ghosts

((Well guys the work of my absence has paid off, I am an honor student now.. Wow. Please forgive my lack of updates, I'll make a list and make sure I can update more often.))

You walked lightly on the steps that led to the stone tower.. Seeing owls perched on either side of the stair well.

You shivered at the cold as you approached the top and peered out into the bell tower.

He was there... Standing by an open window looking out onto the marsh of Hogwarts.

His cloths where smooth but had flecks of white from the surrounding owls. His cloak had light shimmers of green to mark his house.

"Draco.." You mumbled, making sure that he was who you expected him to be.

He spun around uneasily and then gave a light smile with the force of red creeping into his pale cheeks.

"Hey.. (Y/n)" he replied awkwardly, watching you take more steps towards him.

"Why did you want to meet?" You asked getting directed to the point.

Not that you didn't enjoy Dracos presence but the cold was bitting your nose and flowing over you (h/c) hair causing chills on your spine.

"I..." He trailed off looking back to the window.

"You?" You asked laughing a bit as his struggle to force words out of him.

"I need to give you something." He said quickly and reached into his pocket.

"What is it?" You asked and he just smiled lightly still staing down at his hands.

He revealed them showing a shinning green amulet that looked like a dragons eye.

"Here." He said motioning you to turn around as you lifted up you hair.

He clammed it around your neck lightly and you turned back around to him.

"What's this for?" You asked oddly and he bit his lip unable to connect the words.

"Protection... Please don't take it off... Ever" he said lightly and looked into your (e/c) eyes, blushing.

"I'd never think of it.." You replied, knowing that you would never just let something so dear to you out of your sight.

He smiled and you looked down at the amulet.

"So... I always wondered.. Why aren't you very friendly with Harry?" You asked and he looked up surprised.

"I.... Well.... I'm expected to be something and I can't afford to.. Lose that... If I fail I may never be able to live with my self.."
He replied and you sighed.

"Well... Do you want to be what they expect you to be?" You asked and he shrugged.

"I'm... Not sure.. I want to be something, I want to matter to my family but I don't know if I'm fit for this." He Replied and you nodded.

You didn't want to ask what exactly this was because you knew he needed privacy.
"Well, I say you should try if you want to and if you end up not liking it you should stand up no matter the consequences.. I mean.. No matter what you do you'll always be my best friend." You said with a smile and he looked towards you with red cheeks.

He stood up hearing the bell from the newer tower and looked to you.

"We have to go" he said and then with a quick move he pressed his lips to your cheek and lightly kissed you.

He blushed bright red, never making eye contact with you mumbling a quick. "Thank you" and walking off town the stairs.

Leaving you standing with your mouth open and eyes wide in a daze.