Rats On A Train

(Y/N) POV

It's only been a couple of weeks since Adam and I become official and honestly, it's been a whirlpool of emotions for me. Tasha worried at first that I was going to be overwhelmed with my feelings for Adam since I have a hard time expressing my emotions.

But the weird thing is that when I'm around Adam or even sometimes thinking of him, the walls that I've built up over the years just seem to crumble. Sighing to myself I walk into the lab where everyone was and stand next to Leo as Davenport starts to speak to the three siblings in front of us "Okay, guys. The next phase of your training is handling extreme climates. So we'll frost Chase, bake Bree, and submerge Adam." Adam starts to smile like crazy while Davenport turned to me and Leo "That's not part of the training, I just got one of those carnival dunk tanks and I can't wait to try it out." Chase starts to get excited and goes into the capsule "Okay, Chase, I'm setting your tube on "Antarctic." If it gets to be too much, just give me a sign."

"Bring it!" Davenport then hits a button causing the tube to power up.

"Hey, that's not fair. I want to be abused by weather." Leo whines so I smile at Leo and create a snowball and throw it at his face.

Leo was quick to duck out of the way causing it to hit Adam who was standing next to Bree. Adam looks at me as I cup a hand over my mouth "Sorry sweetie that was meant for Leo"

Bree then gets Leo's attention while I walk over to Adam and brush the snow off his lab suit "Leo if you really want to be abused, try standing over here next to Adam's morning breath."

Adam starts to shake his head "I don't have morning breath. It smells like that all day." I sigh and shake my head then reach into my pocket and grab a piece of gum then unwrap it and hand it to Adam "Oh no thanks I already ate today"

I tight lip smile up at Adam "If you wanna kiss me then take it" Adam looks at the piece of gum shrugs his shoulders and takes it then put it into his mouth.

Looking back over at Leo I then feel a tap on my shoulder I turn my head only for Adam to be the one who was poking me "I believe I was promised a kiss"

I tilt my head a bit then nod my head with a small smile and motion Adam closer to give him a quick peck before focusing on Davenport as he starts to speak "Leo, these guys are genetically engineered to handle these kinds of climates. You're not."

"I can handle extreme cold." Leo whine once again

"Leo, you get brain freeze from chewing mint gum." Davenport's cell phone starts to ring. "Davenport. What?! Well, that's terrible! I mean, that's awesome, but that's terrible! I- I gotta do something."

As Davenport hangs up the phone Adam is quick to ask questions "What's going on? What's so terrible?"

Davenport turns to us "I created the world's fastest train, but now it's speeding out of control full of highly explosive nuclonium towards downtown Welkerville!"

"Well, then what was awesome?" Bree asks as I go over and stand next to her

"It's going like 400 miles an hour," Davenport tells us

Leo puts his hands over his mouth "Ha ha ha ha!"

"My entire career is riding or perhaps crashing on this train! I don't understand it! My design was flawless!" Davenport goes over to the computer and starts typing away

"So flawless you forgot to include an emergency brake?" Leo comments

"He's got a point" I chime in

"No. I never counted on the conductor dropping his papaya smoothie all over the controls and then jumping off the train." Davenport tells us, well who would have prepared for that anyway?