Orihime was open to other colors. She rocked it in white, don't get me wrong, but she was happy to switch to some pale blues, creamy ivories, or burgundy reds. She had a preference for modest sweaters, leggings, and of course the butterfly clip I gave her as a child for her to summon Magnolia.

"Mama?" Gremmy inquired upon noticing I had laid out stacks of literal cash and my debit/credit cards, complete with a notebook that had all the passwords and necessary contact information for them.

"I'm afraid I'll have to take care of some things at work for a bit," I apologized to them. "Would you two be okay to stay here without a guardian or would you like to stay over with Uncle Kisuke?"

"We'll be okay, Mother," Orihime reassured me, her eyes warm and loving. "Do you know when you'll be back?"

I reached forward and tucked a strand of her hair behind her ears. With my other hand, I cupped Gremmy's face. The smaller boy had moved in to hug as soon as he realized I would be leaving. "I'll be able to come back for a few days every month. I'm not sure how long I'll need to be away though. If there's an emergency, you remember how to contact me?"

Gremmy nodded firmly as he leaned into my hand. "Break the glass orb on your desk, or summon one of the butterflies."

"Yes. I'll come immediately. Remember, your older brother is also one phone call away—"

"We know, we know," Orihime giggled. "It'll be okay, Mother. I'm strong, remember?"

"That you are my princess." I leaned forward and nuzzled her nose before kissing her forehead. "Be an angel while I'm away. Don't let your older brother bring home any of his friends, and don't let your younger brother stay up too late with his video games."

Gremmy pouted at that, his cheeks puffing out. Orihime nodded, accepting her big sister role with ease.

Sora had unwittingly become the male lead to a harem. There was a yandere added in when he joined high school that I had to quickly kill off when she got jealous of Orihime. Sora was so painfully uninterested to the girls (and occasional boy) throwing themselves at him, I had to wonder if he was asexual and aromantic.

After one standard anime trope incident involving the bathroom, Sora was forbidden from having any friends over. Unless he had already slept with one of them (and thus hopefully broke the harem), they were not allowed inside.

I said my goodbyes to my children still at home, then headed back to Soul Society.

I couldn't let Rukia sense my reiatsu while I was masquerading as a human, now could I?

And now this way... this way the stage was set.

After over two thousand years of preparation, the play could finally begin.

Time to get some extra cuddles from Tōshirō as my reward!