I go to pick them up only for my hand to touch Adam's as he quickly went to help, I look up and make eye contact with him and smile "Thanks" I whisper over to him.

Adam smiles back at me then finishes gathering my books and hands them to me "No problem"

Bree starts to squeal from behind us and I turn around to see her with a smile looking back and forth from me and Adam "When will this become a thing?"

I shake my head nervously as Bree motions hand back and forth between Adam and I. Leo thankfully started to speak "Okay, your social life is determined by where you sit. We can't sit at the cool table. But we can be cool table adjacent."

Out of nowhere, I am dragged by the arm over to the cool table by Adam who pushes me down in a seat then takes the seat next to me like he didn't just manhandle me. I sigh and shake my head a bit as Adam starts to try and make friends with the girls sitting around us whenever Chase came over and sat down on the other side of Adam.

Adam is the first to acknowledge Leo as he and Bree come over to the table "Oh, hey, guys. Look, these girls just told me when the football players get here, I'm getting a free pudding cup."

Leo walks behind Chase "Hi!" he then mumbles to Chase "Walk away." turns his attention back to the cheerleaders "How's it going?" once again he mumbles to Chase "You're in great danger."

The football players walk in, chanting. And for some odd reason, Trent walks up to Leo and sniffs him threateningly. Seriously how do you threaten someone by sniffing them? Leo squeals "Sorry." then moves away from him

Trent slams his hand on the table and turns Chase's face towards him "Hey. That's my seat. Get lost before I use you like a napkin"

Bree whispers in Chase's ear "Chase, we should probably go." She turns her head to Trent "He's not very absorbent."

Trent pours a drink on the table "Oh, look, a spill!" He grabs Chase's shirt "I think I'm gonna wipe it up with your face."

Out of nowhere, Chase's face seizes up and pins Trent to the table "Think again, Bubbleneck. I'm gonna rip out your kneecaps and use them as hockey pucks." Chase's voice sounds different a lot deeper

Adam gets up dramatically from his seat then grabs my hand and drags me over to the others "Okay, I don't mean to alarm anyone, but I think Spike's back."

"You have no idea who you're messing with. Okay? Pudding cups!" Trent called out the football players hand Trent pudding cups, but Spike grabs them out of his hands

"Ohh, I'll take those." Spike sprays the entire football team with pudding

"Hey! Ooooh! You're dead!" Trent whines, Spike roars, and Trent and the football players back away in fear "You, okay, okay. You're lucky that we have to go to the reading center right now." Trent and the football team run from the cafeteria and the whole room applauds.

Spike then over to the table sits down "Take a seat, compadres." Spike motions to the four of us over to the table "This is our table now."

Leo walks over to the cheerleaders "Hello, ladies. You may remember me from health class when I passed out during the Miracle of Birth video. It's good to see you again."

Walking back over to the table  Adam and I sit down but this time I look down and notice our hands intertwined so I blush and pull my hand away. Causing him to look at me and smile sadly before going back to talking to the cheerleaders.

🌹

After the whole lunch thing, everyone just treated us differently, and to be honest I'm not sure I'm liking as much as the others. Walking into the main hallway with the other Leo gets excited as everyone looks at us "All right. Make room for the Alpha Dogs. Woof! Woof! Woof! Woof!"