Prologue: Go Back

Third Impact was beginning, and Shinji was given a wish by a giant Rei Ayanami, Shinji thinks hard for his final wish, and then he found out a way to fix everything.

Shinji: I wish... I could go back to the beginning, to prevent this from happening, so that my whole life can be meaningful.

Rei: Is that your final wish?

Shinji: *Gulp* Yes.

Rei did what Shinji has wished for. She moves her hands, and cover Unit-01, the Rei started to glow very bright, and wouldn't you know it the whole world was blinded by the light. Shinji opens his eyes, he has a backpack, and he heard what's really surprising.

Phone: We're sorry, due to the special state of emergency no lines are currently available. This is a recording.

Shinji pulls the phone away from his ear, then put it back to it's cradle. He looked around and saw Rei on the road.

Rei: I've done what you wished for, the rest is up to you.

Then some birds flew behind her and she disappears. Shinji give a little smile.

Shinji: Thank you... Lilith.

Shinji felt feels like he's holding something on his left hand, he looks at his hand and saw that he was holding something that belongs to a certain person.

Shinji: Misato... I won't failed you again.

As Shinji grips the cross, then he put it around his neck making him look like that the cross belonged to him. Then Shinji picks a picture from his pocket that he remembers when the first day where he met Misato.

 Then Shinji picks a picture from his pocket that he remembers when the first day where he met Misato

Shinji: Heh... It's still weird that she sent this to an underaged kid like me.

Shinji put the photo back in his pocket.

Shinji: Now... I'm not going to be that spineless cowardly wimp anymore, I'm Shinji Ikari!

To be continued.