Chapter 21: "Anything for you"

Start from the beginning

"Thank you", Draco smiled tiredly.

"It's no trouble. It's the least I can do for my niece." Pansy replied with a smile.

Harry wordlessly watched the scene transpire. He noticed how Draco refused to even look at him.

He sighed and said, "I understand that you do not wish to talk about this now. And I am more than happy to wait, Draco. But don't try to run away. That's all I ask of you." Saying the last bit somewhat forcefully.

Draco still didn't reply or even look at him, his eyes trained on the baby as he rocked her. He behaved as if Harry didn't exist.

Harry suppressed the sorrow and helpless anger he felt at Draco's ignorance as he walked out in barely two steps.

Pansy looked at Harry's stiff back and angry footsteps, she turned to Draco, asking in a low voice, "What happened between both of you?"

Draco looked up at her with blank and lost eyes, "Nothing. You should go and rest as well. You have just gotten up from the sick bed. Don't fall in it again."

Even if the words were polite, Pansy clearly understood that Draco was dismissing her. Not speaking anything else, she made her way out as well. Telling Draco to call her if he needed help, she stepped out.

In the solitude, Draco took a deep breath before closing his eyes, giving them a moment of rest as well.

He truly didn't know that the marks on his neck were left by Harry. And when did he leave them on his neck anyway? How did he not know when he did such a thing?

The prospect of such a thing happening without his knowledge scared Draco. What ways did Harry use to do such a thing on his body? No, something like this shouldn't be repeated again. He should stay away from him.

That noon when everyone sat down for lunch, the atmosphere was slightly awkward and uneasy.

Ron was quiet as well but not because of the heavy tension around, but because of the jumble in his head.

The symbol Hermione showed them that day has not left his mind since. He constantly feels that he has seen it somewhere. It's on the tip of his tongue.

In his turmoil, he didn't notice when Pansy said something to him.

"Huh? Sorry, I wasn't paying attention just now"

"Did you know that Luna Lovegod had gone missing? I heard it on the radio this morning. Many others from school have disappeared as well. Who knows how they are right now? I hope that they are at least alive."

And suddenly something clicked. Luna Lovegood….Xenophilius Lovegood…

Like lightning, Ron stood up and ran towards Harry who was still grimly eating.

Holding him by shoulders, Ron loudly exclaimed with a silly smile, "Harry! Xenophilius Lovegood! Xenophilius Lovegood! Luna Lovegood's father, Xenophilius Lovegood!"

Harry frowned looking at Ron, the bowl in his hands just fell because of Ron.

Pulling Ron's hand from his shoulders, Harry forced him to sit down before asking, "What happened? What Xenophilius Lovegood? Why are you acting like this?!"

Ron's eyes were wide and his entire body shaking with excitement, "The symbol in Hermione's book! Xenophilius Lovegood was wearing the same exact symbol as a pendant at Bill and Flueré's wedding! Whatever Dumbledore wanted to tell us, Xenophilius Lovegood must surely know it too!"

Harry's surprised gaze instinctively looked back to meet Draco's. As if reading each other's minds, they said one after another.

"Pack up, we are leaving right now."