Chapter 9 : No Escape

Draco felt a pair of hands circle him. Stunned, Draco instinctively struggled and the force increased, squashing him. Unable to move anymore, Draco gave up on getting free and focused on getting air .

' AHHH ! What does he eat !?! My ribcage is going to shatter !!! This Gorilla !!!'

Draco was in a desperate state. Air was so sparse that no words were spoken.

After a long time and probably breaking a dozen Guinness World records, Harry let a wheezing Draco go.

Sitting back , Harry said," I need to visit Dumbledore. Will you stay here and wait?"

Scrunching his brow , Draco's mood went down. He really didn't want to wait here. And he didn't trust Dumbledore. Who knows what the scheming old fool will do ?

Making up his mind, He said ," Do you trust him ?"

" well, Yes" The confused but assertive reply came from Harry.

" I don't trust him that much. But If you trust him then do what you need "

With a slight chuckle, Harry answered, "Ah! So this is the reason for the sneaky behaviour . You don't need to worry . It isn't that Dumbledore is evil. It's just that he is naive. No matter how old and revered he looks, he is still very foolish"

Draco's face showed clear doubt but he nodded. Even if he did not agree, he still believed Harry's judgement. But he still did not want to stay here alone .

" Can I accompany you ? If it isn't a bother, that is " Draco questioned with a hopeful tone.

" Sure" Came a chuckled answer.

Gathering the egg into his ring, Draco tidied himself . Curious at the disappearance of the egg, Harry asked, "Where did the egg go ?"

" Oh ! That ? I transported it into my portable storage ring. Look ! " Draco said, showing Harry his ring. He took the egg out and put it in again , relishing in seeing the surprised look on Harry's face.

As Harry's eyes widened at the appearance and disappearance of the egg out of thin air , his heart secretly envied the treasure. But the envy wasn't visible on his face but instead the look of wonder prevailed there. Harry was acutely aware of the haughty upturn of Draco's nose as he over exaggerated the expression to get even more of that sweet look.

' So cute. If he really is this amusing all the time then letting him out of my sight will be impossible '

__________________

Entering the Headmaster's office , Harry saw the elder sitting behind his desk. Hearing his entrance , Headmaster Dumbledore looked up to see his dear pupil .

With a delight , he called ," Oh! Harry ! What brings you----" But was stunned into silence when a saw who was hiding behind Harry.

" Draco ! My child , What brings you here today ? I must say that I wasn't expecting this visit but am very glad that you came"

Dumbledore's words, Harry noticed, held a hint of relief. The only conclusion he believed possible was that Dumbledore knew about Draco's emotional state but didn't know what to do , so he chose to wait for either Draco or fate.

Draco was still unsure and kept behind Harry. After all, if a supposed attack came then Mr. Hero Potter can probably fight it but on the other hand , someone like him who is an esteemed potion student, charms and array expert and a healer apprentice, cannot .

With a sigh, Harry turned around , put his arm around the reluctant boy's shoulder and pulled him right beside him.

In the full sight of The Headmaster, Draco was as stiff as a rock. While awkwardly looking anywhere other than at the elder's face.