Chapter 20 : "She's Their Daughter"

The sun was high up and the sky was a pleasantly clear blue.

Harry sat in front of six curious and somewhat frowning faces. His lips opened as if to say something before giving up and tightly closing again.

Harry looked at them and tentatively said, "How should I put this? Well, something happened….."

He silently looked at their reactions, "And I sincerely advise all of you to stay calm, alright?"

Harry kept his body stiff for any incoming outburst and tentatively called, "Draco, come out."

Numerous pairs of eyes stared focused at the flap of his tent as Draco took a poised step out holding a small bundle wrapped in a misty blue swaddle.

Harry got up to silently guard his side as Draco sat down. It was then that the small bundle in pale arms suddenly moved and a pair of verdant green eyes and pale silver baby hair were revealed as a milky cry echoed like drums in their ears, "Aaahh~"

Eyes widened and mouths fell open in shock.

Hermione said in a trembling voice, "Harry? This-... How?!"

"Do you remember the huge egg with us last night? She is what came out when it hatched this morning." Harry explained as if reading the newspaper.

"How is this even possible?!" Pansy shrieked in astonishment.

"We don't know either." Draco answered. His tone soo casual that it seemed like he was talking about what to eat for dinner.

The entire scene fell into brief pause due to their nonchalance.

A vein popped on Pansy's temple at their ignorant attitude.

When suddenly, Ron jumped up and exclaimed, "Harry! Mate! Tell me honestly. Is she yours?!"

"WHAT?! From where in the world did you get that conclusion?!" Harry jumped with a loud shout.

Ron argued back, "Mate! Look at her eyes!"

Every person in the surrounding snapped their gaze to look at the watery and shiny emerald pupils.

Eyes wide in wonder, George muttered, "It's true. Her eyes are exactly a copy of Harry's."

"Leave her eyes! Look at her hair!" Theo shouted.

Silver white hair shone golden in the morning sun, looking particularly matching beside Draco's own silky strands.

Draco and Harry looked at each other with the same eyes widened with horror.

Draco's throat was trembling slightly as he whispered shakily, "In the entire wizarding world, only the Malfoy have moonlight silver hair."

Harry whispered in desperate confusion, "No...This- this can't be true. It must be a coincidence. Right, Draco? We- we never ……."

Draco's face paled as the realisation struck, "Our blood…."

Words choked back in Harry's throat as he froze. His legs numbed and he plopped down.

Silence spread around.

The disarray in the situation alarmed Hermione, "We can't be sure until we confirm it. Don't jump to conclusions just now."

Pansy walked to Draco's side as well, "That's right. We aren't 100% sure, are we?"

Harry barely calmed himself, "You are right. Is there any immediate way to confirm it right now?"

Hermione seemed to be thinking about it when Pansy hesitantly gazed in her direction.